What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Music to science to

Started by , Mar 23 2023 12:00 PM
10 Replies

Man spring break starts tomorrow and I need a lighthearted thread.   In the last month I've been thru an FDA visit, FSSC audit, Halal Audit, and a visit from the Kosher council.   I've been having my head swirl around SOP"s and OPRP's for long enough for a sec.  I need to blow off some food science steam...

I have a very cool owner, and while music isn't allowed in production, the lab is usually rockin and I have a big ol set of speakers connected to my puter.  This morning, rockin some Nirvana..... Which is funny because normally I listen to string band type stuff nowadays.   Banjos and what not.

So........What kind of music do you food science to in your office/lab, and are you allowed to have music jammin at all?

3 Likes2 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Employees want to have music but is it a distraction Best method for allowing music in a production area Can blue tooth speakers for music be used on forklifts? Music systems in production areas...are they allowed? Gentle music to lull the end of your Friday off right
[Ad]

Hello!

Dang! You have had one busy month! I don't really play music from my office.  But our office is relatively small so I just listen to the radio of others.  So far this morning I have heard some Queen and Micheal Jackson's "beat it."  I think that is the name of the song.  At least that is how I remember it in my head.  I am on the younger side so my knowledge of classic rock/music is mid at best.  I love it all though!  Once in a while when no one is playing music at all I might also listen to the sounds of nature at a very low volume.  Like birds in the wild or something calming like that.

1 Like

I rock out to paranormal podcasts at my desk lol

Hearing someone else's scary encounters makes even the nastiest of auditors seem like a pussycat

If you like that sort of thing, Danny Robbins has 3 fantastic podcast series

3 Likes

We allow music in all areas even in production areas. The loudness is more the issue for some areas. No offensive music blaring either. Office areas - most will use headphones to not disturb people. For me - it depends on my mood.  We are lucky, the Director of Operations understands the positive power of music.

1 Like

None of my clients allows music in production areas, don't know why - maybe, nobody was interested? Not many rock fans, eh? I personally like listening symphonic or opera, specifically Rolando Villazon:) It entertains me while doing some boring stuff.

1 Like

None of my clients allows music in production areas, don't know why - maybe, nobody was interested? Not many rock fans, eh? I personally like listening symphonic or opera, specifically Rolando Villazon:) It entertains me while doing some boring stuff.

I'll listen to instrumental modern or Disney songs for calming music. "Old school" rock music from the 80's, 90's - that's more gym/workout music for me. :ejut:

1 Like

lately I pick some band I'm not familiar with on Nugs.net and give them a try.  Neighbor, Squeaky Feet, Cosmic Country so far this week.

1 Like
Interesting, while working on project here for SQF I've been listening to KC & the Sunshine Band, Damien Escobar (cross between jazz and soul), Carly Simon (Menemsha concert), Van Morrison, Adele, Simply Red, AC/DC, Luther Vandross, BB King and some others. As I listen to them I post them to my blog - blog is getting big!
1 Like

My music choices for in the lab vs in the office are very different! In the lab, I love listening to mellow classic rock, Tame Impala, Beach House, Sure Sure, and the like. While in the office, I've been jamming out to jazzy noir, brazilian jazz, spanish guitar, or ethereal classical music (all instrumental or minimal vocals).

Love this thread!

3 Likes

I normally listen to Jpop and anime theme songs on my headphones, since I share space with my production manager and no one else wants to hear music they can't understand or listen to me summon up a demon by trying to sing along.

However, every Thursday was celebrate Out of Touch Thursday by listening to Hall and Oats Out of Touch and then continue on with hits from the 80's. Sometimes my production manager will turn on jams with a wide variety for us to listen to when we need a pick me up.

3 Likes1 Thank

We also allow music in production...station to station I hear a variety of hispanic music, rap, country and old school Motown. When I get to my office (rarely!) I just love the quiet!

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Employees want to have music but is it a distraction Best method for allowing music in a production area Can blue tooth speakers for music be used on forklifts? Music systems in production areas...are they allowed? Gentle music to lull the end of your Friday off right Using Music to Educate Employees Music In Food Production Area