What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Magnets less than 8000 Gauss

Started by , Apr 11 2023 07:27 AM
1 Reply

Hello ! 
I have a question and I hope you can help me.

I have magnets on the production lines with a strength of 1000-3000 Gauss, and I have a magnet at the end of the line with a strength of 10000 Gauss. I also have a metal detector device after the last magnet. I used to consider all the magnets as an operational prerequisite point (OPRP), and the metal detector device as a critical control point (CCP). Then an inspector came and told me that any magnet with a strength less than 8000 Gauss is not considered an OPRP, but rather a prerequisite point (PRP). Another inspector from a different inspection didn't mention anything about this point. So, is it true that any magnet with a strength less than 8000 Gauss is not considered an OPRP?"

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Magnets for food manufacturing Magnets as CCPs Magnets monitoring in salt Do Rare Earth Magnets need recalibrating annually?
[Ad]

Hello ! 
I have a question and I hope you can help me.

I have magnets on the production lines with a strength of 1000-3000 Gauss, and I have a magnet at the end of the line with a strength of 10000 Gauss. I also have a metal detector device after the last magnet. I used to consider all the magnets as an operational prerequisite point (OPRP), and the metal detector device as a critical control point (CCP). Then an inspector came and told me that any magnet with a strength less than 8000 Gauss is not considered an OPRP, but rather a prerequisite point (PRP). Another inspector from a different inspection didn't mention anything about this point. So, is it true that any magnet with a strength less than 8000 Gauss is not considered an OPRP?"

Hi Mariam,

Assuming you are referring to iso22000 or fssc22000, I suggest you apply methodologies such as elaborated in this adjacent thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...oduction-steps/

Offhand, I suspect yr 1st inspector may be unfamiliar with iso22000 or fssc22000.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Magnets for food manufacturing Magnets as CCPs Magnets monitoring in salt Do Rare Earth Magnets need recalibrating annually? BRCGS9- 4.10.4.1 Magnets Minimum acceptable gauss strength of magnets for sugar industry Magnets-Metal dust critical limit Magnets in the Food Industry Has anyone used the Gaussmeter GM1-ST from Alfa lab inc for monitoring magnets?