What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are these Real Food Safety Terms?

Started by , Oct 08 2007 12:55 PM
4 Replies
The terms below were added to the website glossary earlier today. Can anyone confirm whether they are valid? They are tenuously plausible, but I'm not entirely convinced.

M H = Mental illness of food handlers as a new category of food safety hazards

E H = Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Improving Food Safety Culutre Food Fraud Database (Free) Food fraud requisite
[Ad]
Hi Simon,
In our personnel evaluation on food safety handling, we do apply MH but EH is new to me. However, I can see the logic behind EH as part of a possible ill-intent bio-security breach to break down food safety controls.

Clearly, MH and EH are meant to tackle the issue of bio-security concerns.

Regards
Suzuki

Hi Simon,
In our personnel evaluation on food safety handling, we do apply MH but EH is new to me. However, I can see the logic behind EH as part of a possible ill-intent bio-security breach to break down food safety controls.

Clearly, MH and EH are meant to tackle the issue of bio-security concerns.

Regards
Suzuki

They both seem plausible and I just wanted to check if they were common terms in yoru arena. I will release them onto the website glossary.

Thanks
Simon
Dear Simon,

Very interesting topic! Please check this out, concerning MH : MH_HACCP_HAZARD.pdf   189.05KB   51 downloads

Concerning Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs, there is a very interesting book by Barbara Rasco and Gleyn E. Bledsoe,
Published in 2005 by CRC Press. It consists of 414 pages.
Here is a review I found in the internet: "The book examines the risks associated with the intentional contamination of food,provides implementation strategies to reduce food security risks and discusses the underlying legal issues tied to product liability and regulatory compliance. The text includes current hazards, provisions of the Bioterrorism Act, guidance documents from the FDA and USDA, and more. Risk management models are presented and workable strategies for addressing food safety risks are developed through case studies"

I hope this has been helpful.
Rgrds,
Kelly

P.S. By the way, the book is called "Bioterrorism and Food Safety"

Dear Simon,

Very interesting topic! Please check this out, concerning MH : MH_HACCP_HAZARD.pdf   189.05KB   51 downloads

Concerning Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs, there is a very interesting book by Barbara Rasco and Gleyn E. Bledsoe,
Published in 2005 by CRC Press. It consists of 414 pages.
Here is a review I found in the internet: "The book examines the risks associated with the intentional contamination of food,provides implementation strategies to reduce food security risks and discusses the underlying legal issues tied to product liability and regulatory compliance. The text includes current hazards, provisions of the Bioterrorism Act, guidance documents from the FDA and USDA, and more. Risk management models are presented and workable strategies for addressing food safety risks are developed through case studies"

I hope this has been helpful.
Rgrds,
Kelly

P.S. By the way, the book is called "Bioterrorism and Food Safety"

Yes it is very helpful Kelly. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Improving Food Safety Culutre Food Fraud Database (Free) Food fraud requisite Food nutritional analysis Meeting the requirements of 2.7.2 Food Fraud Food Fraud and Food Defense Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? Dairy or Food plant Disinfecting in Ohio for pathogens and mold