What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Migration Level for PET Bottles

Started by , Nov 27 2017 07:49 PM
2 Replies

Hallo All, 

Is the migration levels mentioned in European Regulation ( EUno 10/2011 a food safety or Quality matter?

I am searching for right information to support my hazard analysis.

Thank you, 

Richards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Requesting migration reports from packaging suppliers Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming Labs in the US to perform Migration testing on water bottles
[Ad]

Food Safety.

The limits set for those chemicals are to prevent long term chronic ill health effects.

Regards,

Simon

Hi,

The levels are  relate to the EC No. 1935/2004 regs.  materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuff.

Article 3

It says that the materials must not transfer their constituents to the food at levels which could :-

a, Endanger health

b, bring about unacceptable change to the composition of the food

c, bring about deterioration in the organoleptic characteristics.

So its a bit of Quality too (b, & c). But I agree the main concern is food safety. Also, search the web and look  at the REACH regs & SVHC (substance of very high concern). 

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Requesting migration reports from packaging suppliers Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming Labs in the US to perform Migration testing on water bottles Food Contact Label Migration Test Lab Recommendation Migration test for flour packaging Packaging migration test for freeze food Migration testing of packaging Migration Test for Paper Towels