What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Opening A Warehouse - What are you looking for?

Started by , Oct 23 2008 12:54 PM
2 Replies
Hello Everyone, I'm Rob, and this is my first post, Thanks for being here.

My company just opened a brand new warehouse in Lee, New Hampshire (www.newroadswhse.com). I would like to take a pro-active approach in asking "What do you look for in a warehouse?" and "What could we do to promote business with food manufacturers?"

Any suggestions?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Declaration once opened use by (X-Days or X-Hours) After Opening a Food Packaging Paper sack opening and resealing Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Bakehouse - opening doors, risks of site security, contamination Canned food opening process
[Ad]
Dear RMulligan:

My comment:-
- Effective inventory system and FIFO
- Controlled environment e.g. temperature and humidity
- Effective pest control
- Construction of building according to GMP requirements e.g. proper glass control etc.
- Effective cleaning, proper waste diposal facility, proper chemical storage area, specific allergen control, specific NCR product quarantine area
- Etc.

Any comment from the rest?

Regards,
Yong
Thanks YongYM.

Rob, you may want to take a look at the thread below where you will find some discussion on this issue and a link to a great article about food safety measures in transportation.

Help with Hazard Analysis for a Transportation Firm

Also if you want a document that provides all of the requirements for food safety in food transporation and storage you may want to purchase this:

BRC Global Standard - Storage and Distribution

That would really take you ahead of the game.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Declaration once opened use by (X-Days or X-Hours) After Opening a Food Packaging Paper sack opening and resealing Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Bakehouse - opening doors, risks of site security, contamination Canned food opening process BRCGS - Packaging Materials 6.3.6: Toilet opening onto production Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Implications of opening a retail outlet on-site? EHS and Food Safety Operations of a hotel facility in the pre-opening stage? How to reduce foreign material from rework / opening of leakers?