What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Difference between verification and internal auditing in the SQF code

Started by , Dec 09 2011 04:26 PM
3 Replies
Hello food safety heros!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I have a question regarding Verificaiton(s). In regads to HACCP, I completly understand the meaning of verificaiton activities. However in regards to verfication vs. internal auditing in the SQF code what if any is the diffrence?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference
[Ad]
I am in my second year of having an SQF system in place, I hope this helps. I accomplish verification of activities through record review, visual inspections, or monitoring in-process activities. I am in fact verifying the activities are taking place. Any descrepancies found may require follow up with revisions, training, or just corrections to documents. When performing an internal audit, I first review the procedure to ensure all current code requirements are met, then monitor all aspects of the activity and the documentation of the activity. Any descrepancies are noted, corrective actions are initiated and completed. A record of the audit is maintained as part of verifying the SQF system. Once an activity, or procedure is verified consistantly without incident, I consider the system or procedure to be validated. An annual review of the procedure and continued monitoring should still take place.

B4UEat
2 Thanks

I am in my second year of having an SQF system in place, I hope this helps. I accomplish verification of activities through record review, visual inspections, or monitoring in-process activities. I am in fact verifying the activities are taking place. Any descrepancies found may require follow up with revisions, training, or just corrections to documents. When performing an internal audit, I first review the procedure to ensure all current code requirements are met, then monitor all aspects of the activity and the documentation of the activity. Any descrepancies are noted, corrective actions are initiated and completed. A record of the audit is maintained as part of verifying the SQF system. Once an activity, or procedure is verified consistantly without incident, I consider the system or procedure to be validated. An annual review of the procedure and continued monitoring should still take place.

B4UEat

Thank you for the infomation,it clicked on my "lightbulb", I think I may have been over thinking it. Congratuations on obtaining SQF certificaiton, how long did the process take? what are the major benfits you have realized may I be so bold as to ask if you have a verfication template to post?
We began implementation of level 2 by 3rd quarter 2010, and have our level 3 certification Audit Dec 19 this month. We are still in the process of fine tuning and working out issues as we face them. I haven't yet finalized a working template, but I use a need-based priority process to drive the frequency of verification. Daily forms are reviewed weekly, weekly forms - monthly, etc... All control points are the primary focus, and the rest are by order of process flow. For now it has worked, and I hope to have a formal plan by mid-year 2012. If you have an SQF consultant available to you, it may be worth your investment to help get you started.

B4UEat

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference Difference between Extract VS Flavour? What difference between CP and OPRP in ISO 22000 What is the difference between Whitebait and Blanchbait? Difference between clauses 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 BRC Issue 8 Difference in microbiological count in same process (EMP)