Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:39 PM

Could someone tell me what is the difference between clause 5.3.1 Raw material assessment and clause 5.3.2 List of allergenic materials? Since from what I understand in both an analysis is done to determine the presence of allergens in raw materials? any example you can give me??

Thanks 

Federico V. 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:10 PM

5.3.1 You evaluate your raw materials for the presence of allergenic proteins.   

5.3.2 Is nothing more than creating a list of items that contain said allergenic proteins.  This list should include raw materials, WIPs, processing aids, and any finished product that contains allergens.   

From 5.3.1 you create a list of everything that is contains an allergen to satisfy 5.3.2.    

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

john.kukoly

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 90 posts
  • 56 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:24 PM

It does take a couple of reads through to clarify...

5.3.1 looks purely at raw materials, and essentially look at the risk. This asks two questions essentially:

- is there an allergen known to be in the ingredient? (example: egg in pasta)

- is there a risk of allergen contamination in the ingredient? (example buying egg-free pasta from a dedicated egg free supplier vs from a supplier that produces both egg and egg-free pasta)

5.3.2 is definitely the list of ingredients, but add in all other potential sources of allergens (cross docked materials, product development samples, finished products etc. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users