What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Difference between a QA Manager & QA Technician responsibilities?

Started by , Jun 24 2015 02:56 AM
8 Replies

Hi Everyone!   :biggrin:

I recently joined a raw pet food company. The gentlemen that own the company are from the garment industry. The CEO that I directly report too, I am the QA manager, would like for me to justify my need for a QA tech. They do run 2 shifts here. They did not have a quality department until I was hired and I was hired because of FSMA. I am a SQF Practitioner also and the owner would like for us to become SQF certified next year. I have presented mine and my (future) QA tech job descriptions and job responsibilities to the owner. He stated that all he has to do is remove the word "technician" and replace it with "manager". He now is requesting that he needs to understand better what I see as the differences in roles. In his words;

Perhaps a good place to start would be to develop a high-level list of QA duties, such as:

Procedures

Sanitation

Pathogen control

Etc. (but keep it as short / high level as possible)

And then have two columns – one describing what the Manager’s role is in each area and the other describing what the QA Tech’s role is in each area.Hopefully that will help us to understand better what the need for a Tech is.

Please give me some examples of side by side high-level list should look like.

Thank you in advance,

LPR

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference
[Ad]

Here is an example, responsibilities will vary according to the organization and capabilities of personnel:

QA Manager QA Technician Reponsibilities.xlsx   10.46KB   146 downloads

Regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you bunches Tony-C  :biggrin:

Thank you bunches Tony-C  :biggrin:

Glad to help but what the hell is that profile picture?

Regards,

Tony

1 Like

That is a picture of the Seattle Fremont Troll. It is located under the Aurora Bridge. Local Seattle artists created him. It is one of our tourist attractions located in the neighborhood of Fremont. 

I'd like to see more, any chance of uploading a better picture?

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Built in 1990 of ferroconcrete, this 18 foot high sculpture gripping a real Volkswagen beetle adds to the list of fun things to see in Seattle.  It was built with funds from a community art project fund in Fremont.  You can crawl all over him and take some cute family photos.  To date, no visitor has been harmed by the Troll but you never know what may happen.

that's amazing --- what a fantastic work of art/community effort!!!

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference Difference between Extract VS Flavour? What difference between CP and OPRP in ISO 22000 What is the difference between Whitebait and Blanchbait? Difference between clauses 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 BRC Issue 8 Difference in microbiological count in same process (EMP)