What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC v5 - trademarked materials. Disposal.

Started by , May 19 2016 10:56 AM
4 Replies

Hi group,

We are implementing BRC v5 and a new change is related to the trademarked materials, in our case the self adhesive labels, IML labels or shrink sleeves that we apply to the rigid plastic containers.

Do you have any thoughts or experience on what is audit acceptable for "rendered unusable through a destructive process". At one end of the scale would be to shred the materials before being land filled, the other would be to just remove from the backing paper as this is then un-usable.

Cheers

Fraser

www.rpc-superfos.com

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage?
[Ad]

Hi,

I suggest you shred the items. In our company, we ensure that brands are not readable before hauled. This to secure product integrity and avoid any misuse of the rejected or non-conforming items.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks, 

Irish

Hi Irish,

My auditor requested for prove of descriptive process and methods to scrap too.

She also requested for legal contract indicating the products will be shred to protect the integrity . >You know auditors<

Agreed with Irish.

Thanks,

Hemala

1 Thank

I have seen shredding used quite a bit, but I have also seen variations on overprinting, commonly being put through a rewinder using a heavy duty permanent marker.

hello everyone,

we are converters of flexible packaging too (printing, laminating, bag making). We send substandard trademarked materials (non conformities and/or returns from customers), to a licenced company for destruction (recycling), with reporting the product codes on the delivery note.

The auditors requested records for proving the destruction of the trademarked materials. So we start to keep records with the sign of the recycling company and the stamp "destructed", on the delivery note. Auditors are ok with this.

I hope to help 

Polin

Similar Discussion Topics
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage? Documents for Raw materials and packaging FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? How do we keep track of raw materials if they do not have lot codes or any batch numbers? BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation