Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 November 2023 - 03:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

BRCGS have announced a Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation:

To support this revision, the consultation period for feedback on Issue 6 of the Standard is open until 31 December 2023. We encourage comments from national and international stakeholders representing packaging/packaging materials manufacturers, industry trade associations, regulators, retailers, food service companies, brand owners, certification bodies and independent technical experts. You can download and complete the Packaging Materials Issue 6 consultation feedback form and email your comments to brcgs.enquiries@lgcgroup.com

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:
MQA

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 November 2023 - 02:10 PM

Tony-C

I'm confused. The current issue for BRCGS Packaging Materials is Issue 6 so what are they looking for on Feedback? What needs to change for the next issue?

Thank you!

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 December 2023 - 04:00 AM

Hi MlissaB,

I can understand your confusion, previously when the standards were owned by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), a draft new issue was released for comment.

Since the takeover of the former BRC standards by LGC it appears that their consultations request comments on improvements/changes to the current version. This is probably a reflection of the loss of expert BRC resources in the takeover.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 December 2023 - 01:20 PM

Hi MlissaB,

I can understand your confusion, previously when the standards were owned by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), a draft new issue was released for comment.

Since the takeover of the former BRC standards by LGC it appears that their consultations request comments on improvements/changes to the current version. This is probably a reflection of the loss of expert BRC resources in the takeover.

Kind regards,

Tony

I appreciate the clarification. The "old" way is what I've seen with many of the other standards I'm familiar with also. I thought this may be the case but wanted to make sure before sharing with our team!

Ishau

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:32 AM

This is a public consultation on what worked well and what didn't work well whilst BRCGS develop issue 7.

For clarity this is all about the development of the new version of the Standard. Unfortunately I am not able to share a timeline with you, but I can confirm that any comments made will reviewed by the technical working group when developing the new version - so please do get them in!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRCGS, Packaging Materials Issue 6, GFSI Benchmarked Standard, GFSI, Food Packaging Standards, Food Packaging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users