What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Opening a second site, can I adapt our current QMS to include it?

Started by , Jan 28 2020 12:01 PM
2 Replies

Hi 

we are opening a second storage and distribution site and wanted some advice!

like previously all goods will be finished ambient goods full pallet in full pallets out no picking and no re-pack.

My question is that although our HACCP study will be slightly different our processes and procedures and how we run the day to day of the warehouse will be the same do I need to write another QMS or can I adapt what we already have?

Does anyone have any advice for opening a second site? 

Many Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Declaration once opened use by (X-Days or X-Hours) After Opening a Food Packaging Paper sack opening and resealing Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Bakehouse - opening doors, risks of site security, contamination Canned food opening process
[Ad]

If the processes are that close then I'd 100% use what you already have - this is not at all uncommon in companies operating multiple sites within a larger group, whereby top-level policies and some procedures are set at group level, and only the specific bits relevant to each site are set locally.

I read a discussion on here once about copy and pasting the bulk of the documents for the new site, then within your numbering system using an identifier so you know it is a site-specific policy.  But I know nothing about BRC!

Similar Discussion Topics
Declaration once opened use by (X-Days or X-Hours) After Opening a Food Packaging Paper sack opening and resealing Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Bakehouse - opening doors, risks of site security, contamination Canned food opening process BRCGS - Packaging Materials 6.3.6: Toilet opening onto production Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Implications of opening a retail outlet on-site? EHS and Food Safety Operations of a hotel facility in the pre-opening stage? How to reduce foreign material from rework / opening of leakers?