Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi

We need to carry out a documented security risk assessment to meet the requirements of clause 4.2.1 BRC V6.

Security risk assessments are not something i have considered in the past and i am struggling. Would anybody be kind enough to attach a copy of their security risk assessment or some examples of what we need to add to get me started.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi

We need to carry out a documented security risk assessment to meet the requirements of clause 4.2.1 BRC V6.

Security risk assessments are not something i have considered in the past and i am struggling. Would anybody be kind enough to attach a copy of their security risk assessment or some examples of what we need to add to get me started.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Dear pmk,

I guess you may get improved relevance if you mention what products / processes you are concerned with ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

pmk2060

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Dear pmk,

I guess you may get improved relevance if you mention what products / processes you are concerned with ?

Rgds / Charles.C

pmk2060

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the tip Charles (i am not used to posting on forums to be honest)

We supply ambient bakery products to the UK retailers.

I have considered the possibility of deliberate contamination at the following areas: -

- silo intake points
- raw material / packaging storage
- finished product storage
- transportation of finished product

The control measures we currently have in place are: -

- Site entrance points locked (keypad locks)
- Perimeter fence secure
- Cameras covering whole of site (but not routinely monitored)
- Personnel on site 24/7
- Silo intake points locked
- Personnel trained to challenge unknown people on site
- Transport procedures / contracts

I am struggling to think of controls to minimize the risk of deliberate contamination by our own personnel (i.e. disgruntled employee)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Dear pmk,

Thks for the feedback. I haven't looked at the specific BRC section yet, hopefully there is no risk assessment required.

Not my area but there are several bakery people (and many other product users of course) on this forum spread over a variety of time zones, inc. UK, so some delay may occur. I don't remember seeing the security bit of BRC6 come up here before (?) but might be worth trying the search (or advanced search) option while you're waiting.

Can't remember offhand if it was in ver5, if so there is almost certain to be some threads here.

Additionally, if this topic in SQF2000 standard (free download), the standard issuer also offers a free, downloadable, model response manual as a guide.

In ISO 22000, topic is considered as a prerequisite and (generically) covered via the PAS220 prerequisites document. Obviously different products hv their own niches also.

Just a few thoughts. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

D-D

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 239 posts
  • 55 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Attached is what I did for version 5 clause 4.2.4 regarding security of materials etc. I used the same form for all the other risk assessments and did a separate one for site security. The attached shows everything already under control so not much to add but if risks are identifed I then enter the actions taken to reduce them the "Review method" column and repeat the scoring again to the right of that to show the score reduced with the new measures.

Attached Files

Big Kid

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Attached is what I did for version 5 clause 4.2.4 regarding security of materials etc. I used the same form for all the other risk assessments and did a separate one for site security. The attached shows everything already under control so not much to add but if risks are identifed I then enter the actions taken to reduce them the "Review method" column and repeat the scoring again to the right of that to show the score reduced with the new measures.

Petronela

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

Attached is what I did for version 5 clause 4.2.4 regarding security of materials etc. I used the same form for all the other risk assessments and did a separate one for site security. The attached shows everything already under control so not much to add but if risks are identifed I then enter the actions taken to reduce them the "Review method" column and repeat the scoring again to the right of that to show the score reduced with the new measures

I'm wondering what is L, C R means in the worksheet. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

I'm wondering what is L, C R means in the worksheet. 

Hi Petronela,

It means Likelihood, Consequence, and risk respectively.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

D-D

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 239 posts
  • 55 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Exactly. LxC=R and the spreadsheet is formatted such that the R cell changes colour (green/yellow/red) depending on how big the number is to quantify and reflect the level of risk.

(Wow - this is from 4 years ago, hopefully still useful...)

Petronela

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:24 AM

Exactly. LxC=R and the spreadsheet is formatted such that the R cell changes colour (green/yellow/red) depending on how big the number is to quantify and reflect the level of risk.

(Wow - this is from 4 years ago, hopefully still useful...)

We've just started our BRC certification and finding this website is kind of miracle for me since my level of knowledge for BRC is very low low ^_^.
anyway, thank you very much for your respond.  

Petronela

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:26 AM

Hi Petronela,

It means Likelihood, Consequence, and risk respectively.

Thank you very much Charles :smile:  :smile:

ViandGroup

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

This is a good risk assessment.  I am a BRC auditor and ATP.  The same type of risk assessments that is used for other products is good for the security risk assessment.  I would also suggest locks for inlets as this is a requirement of v7.  Thanks for the good post D-D

Thanked by 1 Member:
D-D

D-D

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 239 posts
  • 55 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

This is a good risk assessment.  I am a BRC auditor and ATP.  The same type of risk assessments that is used for other products is good for the security risk assessment.  I would also suggest locks for inlets as this is a requirement of v7.  Thanks for the good post D-D

Thank you indeed for your kind words. Glad to know it is appropriate and useful.

I have been out of BRC for a few years (now in QA for Biopharma) but like Petronela, found this website incredibly useful at the time. Might be back soon as I am looking for a new position and could be in the food area again!

erika_r

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

I was wondering what your numbering system for scoring L,C,R was? I see on the bottom under note 1 and 2 but nothing more, note sure if this is related?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users