• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hi

Can any one help with how to validate a throat metal detector.? on a inline we would just put the sticks in the packs and keep going up in size until all packs are rejected. how would you do this for throat detection where powdered type product is rejected by a valve that transfers the rejected product down another pipe. we have been told the timing should be validated.

does any one have any documents or check sheets which might help?

thanks in advance

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

Whitney

We use this type of metal detector on all of our powder packaging likes, They are manufactured by Cassel and when they were installed we received our seeds and set up the timing of the rejection device with the vendor.  I will try to find the paperwork with the timing information on it, I know the asked for our product density, pipe size, particle size, and flow rates when they set it up.  We have a port above the unit and drop the seeds into the unit (after removing the finished product package from the chute) and drop them one at a time through the system and find them in the reject bin w/ the powder (that's the goal anyway).  We are trialing putting the seed in the end of a flexible pvc tube and lowering them into the sensor area to trip it and noting the cycling of the reject mechanism and the light/horn. Let me know if I can help some more

G

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users