Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

My plant is BRC approved. We cook RTE jerky products. Our oven room use single door ovens, meaning the raw product goes in and the finished product comes out of the same door. We have procedures in place to regulate cross contamination that satisfies BRC. However, we have our oven room labeled as "High-Care" while our packaging room (adjacent to our oven room) is "Ambient High-Care". Because there is RTE product (our product is shelf stable) in both the oven room and the packaging room, does it not stand to reason that I can label both my oven and packaging room as "Ambient High-Care"?

Thank you for your help.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

Hi PSC,

The one-door oven looks to be one of the famous BRC "exceptions". Also detailed in BRC6 document F048 which I expect you are well familiar with.

I daresay BRC tried to standardise nomenclature as per the existing chilled/frozen zone format (eg there is no "Chilled High Care" ?). Maybe they are upgrading labels in stages, ie BRC8 will have Chilled High Risk/Care ?

Might have been easier to initially group all ~6D reductions into Low/High Risk ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users