Event Organizer NSF-GFTC
Contact Name Annette Crewson
Contact Number 519-821-1246 ext. 5028
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Event State/City Guelph
Event Country Canada
Cost of Attendance $1659.00 CDN
Event/Registration URL http://www.gftc.ca/courses-and-training/course-details.aspx?course=GLB36
The CanadaGAP Auditor Training program has a pre-course assignment therefore registration will close 2 weeks before the course start date.
This five-day course is designed to train potential auditors specifically for the CanadaGAP program. It includes an intensive review of the CanadaGAP manual requirements, with the incorporation of practical examples specific to commodity or region, and an optional HACCP overview. The course is four days of classroom training and a fifth day for review and examination(s). At the end of the program, the attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to use the CanadaGAP manuals and the requirements, practices and documentation laid out within them
- Identify how to use the CanadaGAP audit checklist
- Describe the hazards associated with fresh produce
- Explain the various pieces of legislation that affect Canadian operations
- Recognize the basic responsibilities of an auditor and review basic auditing skills
- Understand how to read and interpret different kinds of records and documents
- Discuss the principles of risk assessment and how they apply to CanadaGAP audits
- Understand the basics of HACCP
Once registered, a copy of the CanadaGAP Food Safety Manual will be posted to the participants homepage. Participants must pre-qualify for this course by reading the CanadaGAP Food Safety Manual and completing a pre-course assignment. The pre-course assignment must be submitted at least ten business days before the course starts. Participants will be notified via email of their assignment result, and they must receive at least 80% in order to be eligible to take the course.
This course includes a 120-minute closed book examination on the fifth day. There is also a 90 minute optional HACCP exam, for those who choose to write it, and an optional 120-minute exam for auditing Repacking and Wholesaling operations. Successful participants will receive a record of successful course completion from CanadaGAP.
In order to become a CanadaGAP Auditor, participants must meet certain qualifications and requirements. For information on these qualifications and requirements, as well as for general information on becoming a CanadaGAP Auditor, please visit www.canadagap.ca/canadagap-program/auditors