Sanitation and Pest Management – the dirty details!(0 customer reviews)
The next Live training course is scheduled for Tuesday, November 09, 2021 (2:00 PM to 6:00 PM UK, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern USA).
Instructor: Chelle Hartzer, BCE, PCQI, Consulting Entomologist, 360 Pest and Food Safety Consulting
Facilitator: Simon Timperley, Administrator, IFSQN
Cost per attendee: $97.00 USD
Training Course Outline:
At the IFSQN we pride ourselves on providing practical training rather than theoretical. We are pleased to announce an online webinar that you can attend and use to train your team in Integrated Pest Management and sanitation. This interactive IFSQN online webinar will enable participants to develop practical knowledge of the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and specifically how sanitation fits into the program.
The webinar provides information on the basics of IPM and delves into how sanitation impacts all aspects of an IPM program. Even though most sites have a third party vendor that provides their pest management, it is essential to know how to interpret the information and data they provide from their services. Sanitation sounds easy (clean up everything!), but is challenging (how do you clean up everything?). The course will also include specific, real-world examples to work through and “problem solve”.
The course is suitable for food handlers, quality assurance, supervisors, managers, and HACCP/PCQI team members working in food manufacturing, food packaging, food handling, food storage or food distribution operations.
All attendees receive:
- Copy of the training material (PDF)
- Personalized IFSQN Training Academy Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course and end test
- 30 day access to the webinar recording
1. Introduction to IPM
2. Sanitation basics
3. Monitoring and sanitation
4. Exclusion and sanitation
5. Corrective actions
6. Real-world examples (group problem solving)
7. Audit and federal guidelines
8. Online test consisting of 30 multiple choice questions covering the topics
List of topics covered:
- Integrated Pest Management
- Major pests
- Audit requirements
- Pest sighting logs
- Paperwork necessary
- Corrective actions
- Communication with Pest Management vendor
- Roles and responsibilities for pest management
- Making plan changes