- Members ˅
- Resources ˅
- FAQ ˅
- Upcoming Food Safety Fridays
- Recorded Food Safety Fridays
- Upcoming Hot Topics from Sponsors
- Recorded Hot Topics from Sponsors
- Food Safety Live 2013
- Food Safety Live 2014
- Food Safety Live 2015
- Food Safety Live 2016
- Food Safety Live 2017
- Food Safety Live 2018
- Food Safety Live 2019
- Food Safety Live 2020
- Food Safety Live 2021
- Training ˅
- Store ˅
All Prices in US Dollars
Essential 22000 HACCP Training Course(0 customer reviews)
The Essential 22000 HACCP Training Course is an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL program covering all the elements of best practices in implementing a HACCP system and is suitable for anyone involved in food manufacturing, storage and/or food distribution operations wishing to comply with ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000 HACCP requirements.
HACCP training needs to ensure that food safety team members have the skills and knowledge to assist in implementing a HACCP system. Training your food safety team in HACCP implementation and best practices is an important step to developing a sound HACCP system. Failing to train your staff properly increases the risk of poor food safety; this can lead to customer dissatisfaction, potentially huge legal costs and the loss of reputation and market share.
This training course can be taken individually and at any time and so you can train staff at a time convenient to both employers and employees. It is in a format that can be taken on a PC and/or a variety of smart devices.
Most businesses need to train staff quickly and do not have the resources to run training courses. As our HACCP course and exam are web based and delivered online, these problems are easily overcome.
For a flavor of the training course watch this short demonstration video.
What is the Object of the Course?
The object of the course is to develop knowledge of the principles of HACCP, and train food safety team members in industry best practices in implementing a HACCP system from preliminary steps to documenting a HACCP plan. The course also covers the selection and assessment of control measures as per ISO 22000 requirements and how control measures are categorized as being managed through operational PRP(s) or by the HACCP plan. Competency and understanding is verified by online exam upon completion of the course.
- Online training module consisting of 1 hour 45 minute instructional video followed by a 30 minute exam
- Suitable for all food handlers providing the fundamental knowledge on food safety and HACCP
- Can be used for new HACCP team member training or as refresher training for all staff as part of an ongoing food safety training program
- An IFSQN Training Academy Certificate is awarded to all participants on successful completion of the course
Personnel working in food manufacturing, food handling, food storage or food distribution operations.
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered by 1 hour 45 minutes of video in 7 parts:
1. Introduction to HACCP
3. Terms and Definitions
4. Preliminary Steps
5. Prerequisite Programs
6. HACCP Principles
7. Operational Prerequisite Programs
What is the Assessment Criteria?
Each candidate is assessed by a 30 minute online exam. An individual login is provided for each candidate and the questions are varied and randomized. The exam consists of 30 multiple choice questions covering the topics taught in the course. A mark of 70% or more is required to receive a certificate.
What are the Topics Covered?
Part 1 - Introduction to HACCP:
- Why Food Safety is important
- Introduction to CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene
- Types of contamination
- Where contamination comes from
- Types of Hazard
- Biological Hazards
- Common food poisoning bacteria
- Chemical Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- HACCP Terms
- HACCP Definitions
- HACCP Terms and Definitions Examples
- The HACCP team
- Product Description
- Intended Use
- HACCP Scope
- Process Flow Diagram
- Flow Diagram Verification
- Prevention of contamination
- Hygiene policy
- Physical and chemical controls
- Food premises and equipment
- Operational controls
- Storage and temperature controls
- Pest control
- Waste control
- Conducting a hazard analysis
- Hazard Assessment
- Identifying the Critical Control Points
- HACCP Decision Tree
- Establishing Critical Limits
- HACCP Validation
- Establishing a Monitoring System
- Establishing Corrective Actions
- Establishing HACCP Documentation
- HACCP Verification
How to implement HACCP as per the requirements of ISO 22000 including how to categorize controls measures as either CCPs, OPRPs or PRPs.
How do I enroll?
Simply purchase the desired number of courses by adding to the cart. If you want to enroll multiple candidates you will need to add their details to the enrollment form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we receive payment you will be forwarded an email with detailed instructions on how to take the course.
Download enrollment form >>