• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:25 PM

Good afternoon.

I'm wondering whether or not is doable to get certified for SQF Storage and Distribution while there are other companies sharing the same facilities as us. They use the same storage and shipping areas and they have their own personnel and products. It's a completely unrelated and different company.

I understand that there would be a lot of changes in all the programs that have a risk-based analysis as you would need to consider the other products that enter the facilities and their characteristics. However, how can you control the GMPs from the personnel of the other companies? Or the way they treat and handle their products, for instance if they have raw non conforming product which is open to food temperature. We have no say on what they do, and establishing ground rules for everybody seems far fetched.

Has anyone heard of, or has seen a certification happen while you share the same facilities and the othar companies are not certified in any food safety GFSI standard?

Thank you for you support.

Kind regards.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

We have a client like this right now.  They however will not get certified unless they pull everybody into the certification - all into 1 cert, all on the same page.

It will be some time before it all comes together.

I think what will happen is the our client will break off and do their own thing in another facility and then we can proceed to begin their SQF development.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:
Dapulu

Share this