The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:32 PM

Hey guys! Hope everyone is holding up well during these difficult times.

I need to make a wise decision and no place but here to ask. (IFSQN is like family).

So the current company I work at has numerous issues and I have been actively looking elsewhere.Just to name a few:

1. Bad reaction to COVID-19.

2. Food Safety and general culture.

3. Not much growth. I did get a title of QA Manager and I am able to grow on my own as I already have, but no one around me is helping me grow either. No mentors no people I can learn from. My ideal place is to be surrounded by smart, reliable and knowledgeable people. 

4. Not good benefits. 

So I finally got a job offer at a company that has better benefits, MUCH higher pay, Position is SUPERVISOR and NOT MANAGER. (Which I have no issue with). The people seem smart and knowledgeable with lots of experience (could sense it from the interview), company reputation is better. 

Only negative thing is longer commute..... I was driving around 45 mins- 1 hour (1 hour being with traffic). Now it will be 1 hour- possibly 1 hour 20 mins (with traffic). 

I feel like the new offer is a lot better for me, career wise. But the commute is the only issue and I am afraid it will drown me and possibly be dissatisfied.  I am not able to move now closer but have plans to next year. 

Any advice from folks who have been in this situation? What did you do? FYI I live in Central Florida. (DISNEY TRAFFIC!!!). 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:41 PM

How reliable is that commute time, realistically?
I spent a while doing a 1.5-2hr each way, but a single accident on the wrong road and that could go up quite quickly. Doing 8am-6pm for the first day of a BRC audit, to then get home at 11pm still needing to cook dinner, sleep, and get up at 5am to get ready to go back into the next part of the audit wasn't much fun...

If it's going to be fairly consistently 1h20 max then it's certainly not exactly fun, but probably bearable if the rest of the circumstances are right, and it sounds like they are. Any new job is a gamble; you never know what you're getting into until you've started it. But it sounds like a far more positive place to be, to develop yourself further, and to pay for all of the extra petrol you'll be using :ejut:

Based on the info you've given, unless you have specific commitments to e.g. a young family or similar for which the 30mins - 1hr you're going to lose each day might be quite significant, I'd go for it. If the role works then you know the commute is finite and you have a plan to move closer, and in the unlikely event it doesn't work then it's still more experience, it gets you out of a current role with which you're rather unsatisfied, and it puts a few extra dollars in the bank too.

Thanked by 1 Member:

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

First, do you have the option of moving closer to your new job if things go well?

Over my career history I have had commutes ranging anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour 20 minutes each way. Long commutes suck the life out of you and can easily add, quite literally, an extra work days worth of time onto your work week.

That being said, "I feel like the new offer is a lot better for me, career wise" would be enough for me to make a decision to take the plunge. You don't mesh with where you are currently, so it will either be a great decision and the gateway to where you want to be in  your career, or it will be a good decision and one stop closer to that great decision. Both of those options are better than being unhappy in your work.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Njaquino

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 145 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

First off, CONGRATS! I am so happy you are able to get out of a crummy situation. I am actively looking as well for similar reasons.

So when I first started in QA my commute was 1 hr 30 min (with traffic). I did the commute for 2.5 years, I am in LA so I am sure we have similar traffic. I am not going to lie, it was tough in the beginning but then I made a routine out of it. It seems like it will only be a 20 min increase. Have you asked if you can come in before/ after traffic? I asked and they worked with me to avoid my time being spent in traffic. I would personally take it if you think your career would benefit, pay is greater, and you think you will be a good cultural fit. If you plan on moving next year then it will only be that commute for a year. 

*side note- I calculated out my mileage to see how much more I would be spending then compared it to the pay.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

zoelawton

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

Hey, 

I was in the EXACT SAME position at the beginning of the year, all of the below and another 50 reasons to leave.

3. Not much growth. I did get a title of QA Manager and I am able to grow on my own as I already have, but no one around me is helping me grow either. No mentors no people I can learn from. My ideal place is to be surrounded by smart, reliable and knowledgeable people. 

4. Not good benefits. 

I told my employer, they offered me more money, I decided the commute would be too much so accepted the offer to stay and let me tell you now, serious regret. Although I've learned more and progressed a tiny bit in the following months, it's nothing compared to how I would have grown elsewhere. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Since you have already made the decision to stay, learn to accept and grow here and dont think about could ave should have would haves. They don't help. Since you are the QA manager here, I would negotiate for more authority over decision making at your current site and build relationships with other department heads . You can find a mentor anywhere else.it could be a peer, your friends, previous managers or even here.

Previously I used to commute 1.5hrs to 2 hours each way. The company was a multi national company, very good benefits and higher pay but I was a small fish in a huge lake. SInce then I decided to move, with getting a pay cut, not as good benefits and a small company. I had more say in the going ons here and I love that fact my commute is only 14 minutes.

Its a personal choice for everyone but I have always refused to let work dictate where I live and how I live and how I spend my time. my time after work is my choice and won't let it interfere with personal life.

My advice is, try not to think back, accept your decision and grow here. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

Since you have already made the decision to stay, learn to accept and grow here and dont think about could ave should have would haves. They don't help. Since you are the QA manager here, I would negotiate for more authority over decision making at your current site and build relationships with other department heads . You can find a mentor anywhere else.it could be a peer, your friends, previous managers or even here.

Previously I used to commute 1.5hrs to 2 hours each way. The company was a multi national company, very good benefits and higher pay but I was a small fish in a huge lake. SInce then I decided to move, with getting a pay cut, not as good benefits and a small company. I had more say in the going ons here and I love that fact my commute is only 14 minutes.

Its a personal choice for everyone but I have always refused to let work dictate where I live and how I live and how I spend my time. my time after work is my choice and won't let it interfere with personal life.

My advice is, try not to think back, accept your decision and grow here. 

I do have plenty of authority and decision making (im the only QA person here anyway). AND already built relationships with other departments (production, purchasing and ops). The new company isn't as big either, (mid sized). I would say about the same size. The culture is the bigger issue here. I am glad you have made your decision and I agree with personal life and work part.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:32 PM

Hey, 

I was in the EXACT SAME position at the beginning of the year, all of the below and another 50 reasons to leave.

4. Not good benefits. 

I told my employer, they offered me more money, I decided the commute would be too much so accepted the offer to stay and let me tell you now, serious regret. Although I've learned more and progressed a tiny bit in the following months, it's nothing compared to how I would have grown elsewhere. 

Sometimes it's more than just "more money". As I can see you have regrets! Can you share what exactly are your regrets?

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:53 PM

First off, CONGRATS! I am so happy you are able to get out of a crummy situation. I am actively looking as well for similar reasons.

So when I first started in QA my commute was 1 hr 30 min (with traffic). I did the commute for 2.5 years, I am in LA so I am sure we have similar traffic. I am not going to lie, it was tough in the beginning but then I made a routine out of it. It seems like it will only be a 20 min increase. Have you asked if you can come in before/ after traffic? I asked and they worked with me to avoid my time being spent in traffic. I would personally take it if you think your career would benefit, pay is greater, and you think you will be a good cultural fit. If you plan on moving next year then it will only be that commute for a year. 

*side note- I calculated out my mileage to see how much more I would be spending then compared it to the pay.  

Thank you!!! Boy it has been so hard trying to find positions during the pandemic. And even a much harder decision trying to find the right place or stay where we are! Sadly I can not see myself last here a year more. 

GOOD LUCK!

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,666 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

I took a cut in benefits once to get car service from and to every day, it was worth it.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

Make the commute in the time you will normally be commuting and see how you feel about it.

Personally, I think you take the new position.  Commute is a bit longer, but it sounds like the rest of the job aspects are better than your current position.  What's your feasibility of relocating closer?  Something to think about.

Also, keep in mind...grass is not always greener on the other side.  Current position you know everything about it.  When you interview at other locations / positions you tend to put on rose colored glasses, especially when you are not happy with your current position / company.  So make sure you list out all the benefits and drawbacks of each position and be as objective as possible...really think it over, reflect back on your interview.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:16 PM

Consider the shift. Is this 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts or 12? This will play into the decision. An hour drive is not unheard of. I have done this without too much problem in the past. Consider the likelihood for traffic too. Live in a major city? Or is traffic uncommon? If your finding yourself at a dead end job and you have no one their to grow with, or challenge you, I would encourage you to take the leap. The experience you gain, may help you find your NEXT job down the road. Good luck. 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Thanked by 1 Member:

LostMyMind

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 91 posts
  • 60 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

In my experience, working for the right company/management makes all the difference.  (And more money doesn't hurt).

Working where you hate the job isn't worth it (unless you just really have to).  The commute will hurt, but it sounds like you have plans to reduce that in a fairly short time period.  (Plus its not like you can do a lot after work these days anyway.)  You could perhaps ask the new employer if you can stagger your start/end times some to reduce some of the stop/go traffic in the commute?  And yeah, Orlando traffic sucks, although it should be lighter than normal for the foreseeable future ("silver lining" of a global pandemic).

Anyway, good luck in your decision making...

LostMyMind   

Thanked by 1 Member:

zoelawton

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

Sometimes it's more than just "more money". As I can see you have regrets! Can you share what exactly are your regrets?

I turned down growth and development both career wise and personally. 

I work in a single-product, low risk site, and i work with some close family members and i have no support from senior management. I come to work and do what i need to do, nobody is monitoring me, my work, chasing me for things etc. There is not much growth opportunity here, i started on the packing lines not even 3 years ago and i'm already QA manager, running the BRC and there isn't much internal learning for me. 

I could have gone to a multi-product, ready to eat site with more complex systems, senior management support and mentoring from the technical manager.

I would take less money if it meant i was in a position that had better development opportunities.

**edit** working with close family members is not a good thing as it makes situations slightly awkward at times

Edited by FoodSafetyAPP, 30 June 2020 - 07:20 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

QM-OS

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Sweden
    Sweden

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

There are both pros and cons to your situation, as stated above by yourself and the others.

It's a tricky situation.

In my opinion, money shouldn't be the biggest factor (as long as it's reasonable pay). Relationships at work / Personal feelings and actually waking up everyday and like going to work should be number one.

Are you able to work from home at the new company? Maybe have an arrangement to work 3-4 days on site and the rest at home to minimize commute? 

I've never had more than 5 minutes (by car) to work and I've always felt that I rather "commute" to fun things than spend several hours per day and week, to and from work.

I have a collegue that has 1 hour drive to work, one way. This person has started to cut down the time he actually is at the office. The agreement from the beginning was that to be at the office between 9-16 (working hours 8-17).

A few months in and he's only here 9-14, so already two more hours have been taken off! And management don't seem to mind.... work ethic/morale is not very good here.

I''m in a similar situation, in that I'm looking for a new job. Mainly due to plans of moving in with my longtime partner, who lives 1,5 hours away from here. I don't want to commute that long so staying here is not really an option. That and the fact that I don't like it here anymore (same factors as you stated) is the reasons for me looking elsewhere.

I've actually been looking for awhile (1-2 years) but nothing has come up yet and soon I'll be willing to take any job that's available (not really, but it feels like it some days). I have 3 months notice but most companies want you to start right away, so they turn my application down, but I don't want to quit until I have a new position to go to. And the coronavirus didn't really help in this situtation. Viscious circle...  :unsure:

Good luck to you!

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

I turned down growth and development both career wise and personally. 

I work in a single-product, low risk site, and i work with some close family members and i have no support from senior management. I come to work and do what i need to do, nobody is monitoring me, my work, chasing me for things etc. There is not much growth opportunity here, i started on the packing lines not even 3 years ago and i'm already QA manager, running the BRC and there isn't much internal learning for me. 

I could have gone to a multi-product, ready to eat site with more complex systems, senior management support and mentoring from the technical manager.

I would take less money if it meant i was in a position that had better development opportunities.

**edit** working with close family members is not a good thing as it makes situations slightly awkward at times

YES! Exactly where I am. The president and his children work here so yeah family too. and I also work in the same setting as you "I come to work and do what i need to do, nobody is monitoring me, my work, chasing me for things etc. There is not much growth opportunity here,".  

So yeah not much growth for me either :( I hope you find something better! 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 853 posts
  • 291 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

here are my thoughts. I have been in FDA regulated industry for 25+ years (food, cosmetic, and some pharma). From start up companies to 10 billion/year
my thoughts - and some are a little off topic, but I thought were important.

1. I have yet to find a perfect job. There is always give and take. at the end of the day you are a food safety professional in food maufacturing. its a tough, usually thankless profession.
You need to decide what is best for you and your family. if growth and advancement you what you want
it may be necessary to commute more.

2. many comment on mentors. there aren't many out there. This seems to be especially true in small and mid size companies. there are a lot of people like me that were placed in positions due to years of experience, degrees, credentials, etc.
many senior quality and food safety professionals don't get it. most are not willing to take the time to mentor. id be careful of thinking that there is some mentor magic at a particular company. you might have more luck looking for a mentor outside of the current work place. Also, Be the mentor.

3. look for companies and opportunities where you are able to make an impact on the success of the company. Avoiding "siloed" companies. Collaborative companies are a better fit of food safety and quality personnel. the ability to working with other departments to reduce cost or improve profits.
anyone can put a certificate on the wall. Companies where you can make food safety and quality a benefit and not a burden.

4. be careful with money. most of the younger generation gets this. I will make a crap ton of money this year. I have indeed sold my soul at times in may career. I chased money and advancement. not going to lie, it makes me sad sometimes now.
whats important today, may not be important down the road. "John D. Rockefeller, an Ohio native, started Standard Oil. Rockefeller was at one point the world’s richest man and first ever American billionaire. Considering he was a billionaire in the early 1900’s he is still considered as the richest person in modern history. When a reporter asked him, “How much money is enough?” He responded, “Just a little bit more.”

5. if you want to grow and advance, you need to be a leader. You should (ok, shall) read the The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. over and over. YOU are responsible for your growth. YOU are the mentor

6. work on interviewing. asking the right questions can help ensure that you don't find yourself in a bad situation. lots of people mentioned
culture issues. you might be able to determine where the culture is and how much you will be able to improve it. same thing with mentorship, opportunities and growth.

7. Make sure that when you leave a company, you can honestly say that you could not fix the issues for what you were leaving for.

good luck with your choice. ksr

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 2 Members:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

here are my thoughts. I have been in FDA regulated industry for 25+ years (food, cosmetic, and some pharma). From start up companies to 10 billion/year
my thoughts - and some are a little off topic, but I thought were important.

1. I have yet to find a perfect job. There is always give and take. at the end of the day you are a food safety professional in food maufacturing. its a tough, usually thankless profession.
You need to decide what is best for you and your family. if growth and advancement you what you want
it may be necessary to commute more.

2. many comment on mentors. there aren't many out there. This seems to be especially true in small and mid size companies. there are a lot of people like me that were placed in positions due to years of experience, degrees, credentials, etc.
many senior quality and food safety professionals don't get it. most are not willing to take the time to mentor. id be careful of thinking that there is some mentor magic at a particular company. you might have more luck looking for a mentor outside of the current work place. Also, Be the mentor.

3. look for companies and opportunities where you are able to make an impact on the success of the company. Avoiding "siloed" companies. Collaborative companies are a better fit of food safety and quality personnel. the ability to working with other departments to reduce cost or improve profits.
anyone can put a certificate on the wall. Companies where you can make food safety and quality a benefit and not a burden.

4. be careful with money. most of the younger generation gets this. I will make a crap ton of money this year. I have indeed sold my soul at times in may career. I chased money and advancement. not going to lie, it makes me sad sometimes now.
whats important today, may not be important down the road. "John D. Rockefeller, an Ohio native, started Standard Oil. Rockefeller was at one point the world’s richest man and first ever American billionaire. Considering he was a billionaire in the early 1900’s he is still considered as the richest person in modern history. When a reporter asked him, “How much money is enough?” He responded, “Just a little bit more.”

5. if you want to grow and advance, you need to be a leader. You should (ok, shall) read the The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. over and over. YOU are responsible for your growth. YOU are the mentor

6. work on interviewing. asking the right questions can help ensure that you don't find yourself in a bad situation. lots of people mentioned
culture issues. you might be able to determine where the culture is and how much you will be able to improve it. same thing with mentorship, opportunities and growth.

7. Make sure that when you leave a company, you can honestly say that you could not fix the issues for what you were leaving for.

good luck with your choice. ksr

Thank you for wise, well put advice!  This is why I always turn to IFSQN. I always try to be my own mentor, and someone else's and that is the goal everywhere I go. I can't say I have not grown in the past year, because I truly did. 

Thank you everyone as well that helped give me some guidance too. Really appreciate it.

So I accepted the job offer. I do have plans on moving early/mid 2021 and I will be 15-20 mins away from it only. So I figured this long commute is only temporary. 

It is a Juice Processor. First time working in that field so all you Juice experts get ready for my 1000 questions :) Although hopefully the people there can help me as well.  

:shades:

zoelawton

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! 

Hope all works well !

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,666 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

Thank you for wise, well put advice!  This is why I always turn to IFSQN. I always try to be my own mentor, and someone else's and that is the goal everywhere I go. I can't say I have not grown in the past year, because I truly did. 

Thank you everyone as well that helped give me some guidance too. Really appreciate it.

So I accepted the job offer. I do have plans on moving early/mid 2021 and I will be 15-20 mins away from it only. So I figured this long commute is only temporary. 

It is a Juice Processor. First time working in that field so all you Juice experts get ready for my 1000 questions :) Although hopefully the people there can help me as well.  

Juice is an interesting business. I remember having to go to a processor in central Florida because they had an issue with trace as they had juice coming in from several countries and intermingled it within their tank farm.

Had a frrend that worked at Silver Springs and seem to remember another company that I visited in a funny name of a town called Howie in the Hills.

We are looking forwafd to the possibility of moving back to either Northern FL or over by Sarasota.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:09 PM

In that case, congratulations on the new role :happydance:

Juice is a good area - one of the main areas I've worked with over the years, it's a relatively small world, quite friendly in a weird way - not in a sketchy cartel style, other than perhaps certain large orange processors (do I need to add "allegedly", for legal purposes? ;) ) but at the industry association level all of the senior technical people seem to get on pretty well.

Is the company packing for retail or industrial (or both)?

You may become another one of those IFSQN members where I start wondering if I've dealt with them in the "real" world with neither of us realising it...

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:05 PM

In that case, congratulations on the new role :happydance:

Juice is a good area - one of the main areas I've worked with over the years, it's a relatively small world, quite friendly in a weird way - not in a sketchy cartel style, other than perhaps certain large orange processors (do I need to add "allegedly", for legal purposes? ;) ) but at the industry association level all of the senior technical people seem to get on pretty well.

Is the company packing for retail or industrial (or both)?

You may become another one of those IFSQN members where I start wondering if I've dealt with them in the "real" world with neither of us realising it...

Thank you!

Company packs for retail and Food Service! 

Njaquino

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 145 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:25 PM

Nice! I came from juice before i switched into spice. I honestly miss juice/ beverage. Good luck!

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

Nice! I came from juice before i switched into spice. I honestly miss juice/ beverage. Good luck!

LOL and I am in spice switching to juice  :happydance:  Thanks!

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:17 PM

Just felt like going back to this post. 

I accepted this offer (it was last year July 2020) and was hired as Supervisor. In less than a year I was promoted to Manager. I also moved closer.

I am SO glad I took it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sometimes you never know what may happen when you choose the riskier option!

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)