Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:05 PM

We are in the early stages of constructing open product rooms within an area where open product is being packaged. A room within a room. Construction has not been started and I am  looking for guidelines for food safety concerns.. 

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 102 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:35 PM

You might want to be more detailed on what product you are packaging. This would help if you need to design floor drains, have a temperature controlled room, wash down stations or equipment specific (compressed air for robotics, or nitrogen for flushing) requirements. 

• Setanta likes this

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 09 September 2021 - 05:00 PM

I second the need for more information.  What kind of allergens do you have? Is this Ready To Eat?

-Setanta         

OrRedFood

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 110 posts
  • 24 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 September 2021 - 05:09 PM

A great way for Food Safety managers to keep track of projects from a food safety perspective is to use a change management form to outline the project  - how does the project affect your food safety programs and what can be done to mitigate them before the project starts?  Attached is a template that has come in very handy for this. 

It is not meant to make Quality/Food Safety the actual project manager, it is intended to give you a place to document input from all departments on Food Safety, educate them, and document all decisions and resulting steps taken to protect your production line.  

You should also use this information to do a risk analysis to decide if swabbing, project area inspections, GMP training for contractors, protocol for release of area back to production after project is complete are necessary and in place. 

Attached Files

• Anoop Nazeer likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Anoop Nazeer

yliautaud

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 September 2021 - 05:15 PM

Our primary products are dairy based and RTE., where all the consumer has to do is add water and shake. 

The packing rooms will not have drains and will be introduced to sanitizer water as needed.

Our facility has 8 of the Big 9 (United States), the only allergen not used is peanuts..

I'm trying to prevent product contamination of our products while under construction. We have tarps, though I do not feel they are going to be adequate. Is there a checklist or guidance that can assist me in decision making.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users