• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 02:40 PM

Hello members, 

As to changes made for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6, I made a change over check list. We produce RTE fish products and we have 5 different lines such as fryer, fish ball machine and ... . So could you please comment on attached form and also let me know if it can be applied to all the lines ? anything else you think I should add to form?

Thank you in advance.

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:18 PM

Hello members, 

As to changes made for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6, I made a change over check list. We produce RTE fish products and we have 5 different lines such as fryer, fish ball machine and ... . So could you please comment on attached form and also let me know if it can be applied to all the lines ? anything else you think I should add to form?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 569 posts
  • 217 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:19 PM

How are you verifying the equipment is clean?

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:24 PM

How are you verifying the equipment is clean?

Hi, 

We usually verify equipment cleanliness once a month by ATP swab. We never had a change over procedure before as all of our products have same type of ingredients unless we switch from one product to a gluten free product.

Thanks,SM

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,730 posts
  • 1151 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:48 PM

Once per month???

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development, Implementation & Certification | eConsultant | Internal Auditor Training

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

https://glennoster.website3.me/

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,637 posts
  • 376 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:51 PM

Once per month???

For ready to EAT FISH!!!!????    :uhm:  What about allergens?

-Setanta         

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 705 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:58 PM

?

Edited by Hoosiersmoker, 22 May 2024 - 04:00 PM.

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 04:08 PM

Once per month???

Sorry! once a day. My apologies :)

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 705 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 04:39 PM

So actually could be more than once a day according to the initial instruction statement "This form must be completed at every start up." If there is a changeover during the day or mid-shift?

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:00 PM

So actually could be more than once a day according to the initial instruction statement "This form must be completed at every start up." If there is a changeover during the day or mid-shift?

sometimes there is and sometimes no. Sometimes only one product will run the whole day.

and yes, you are right. I'd better modify that statement. but other than that, Do you think I should add anything else? 

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 703 posts
  • 196 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:01 PM

If you're intending for this form to be used universally on all equipment/production lines, you need to add a place for the operator to write in what line or equipment they are verifying.  Your note about the ATP swab referring to an allergen ingredient is misleading, as you produce fish and fish is an allergen (so every single product change would require a clean and ATP swab per this instruction).

If I nitpick more, given my SQF background, I'd want to know what scale is being zeroed and weight checked (I number all my scales), and I'd want to document what test weight you're using (I've numbered test weights or just referred to them by their weight in plants that only had one of each weight).  With the MD, same deal to document which one you're using, but are they just verifying it's clean or is this the proof they've challenged it with test pieces?  MD checks should probably be on a separate form to allow the checks at your prescribed frequency.

Lastly, I like to give operators a few blank lines at the bottom of these pre-op or change over forms to document any random findings that aren't specific to the checklist.  Totally a odd preference thing, but it's helped me in the past.

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:19 PM

If you're intending for this form to be used universally on all equipment/production lines, you need to add a place for the operator to write in what line or equipment they are verifying.  Your note about the ATP swab referring to an allergen ingredient is misleading, as you produce fish and fish is an allergen (so every single product change would require a clean and ATP swab per this instruction).

If I nitpick more, given my SQF background, I'd want to know what scale is being zeroed and weight checked (I number all my scales), and I'd want to document what test weight you're using (I've numbered test weights or just referred to them by their weight in plants that only had one of each weight).  With the MD, same deal to document which one you're using, but are they just verifying it's clean or is this the proof they've challenged it with test pieces?  MD checks should probably be on a separate form to allow the checks at your prescribed frequency.

Lastly, I like to give operators a few blank lines at the bottom of these pre-op or change over forms to document any random findings that aren't specific to the checklist.  Totally a odd preference thing, but it's helped me in the past.

Thank you for your perfect advise. most of our products on one of the lines are the same in terms of ingredients and just their shapes are different. I was wondering if we still need to carry out change over procedure for these type of products. We also have a daily pre-op procedure and form. Do we still have to follow a change over procedure for these types?

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 703 posts
  • 196 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:47 PM

From an allergen standpoint, everything you run contains fish.  If you can justify no cleaning between different finished products from a hygienic standpoint, such as the raw input being the same and only the finished shape changing), I'd say no changeover form would be required.  When you get into these gluten containing items (assuming they're wheat containing, a known allergen), a lot of companies handle this with intentional scheduling:  start with the non-allergens or fewer allergen containing items, then run the items with other allergens afterward, then break and full clean before resuming the non-allergens.  So if you started each cleaned line with fish, and ran only fish up until running the wheat product, then the changeover would only apply in my mind when you finish the wheat/fish product.

shookimogh

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:50 PM

From an allergen standpoint, everything you run contains fish.  If you can justify no cleaning between different finished products from a hygienic standpoint, such as the raw input being the same and only the finished shape changing), I'd say no changeover form would be required.  When you get into these gluten containing items (assuming they're wheat containing, a known allergen), a lot of companies handle this with intentional scheduling:  start with the non-allergens or fewer allergen containing items, then run the items with other allergens afterward, then break and full clean before resuming the non-allergens.  So if you started each cleaned line with fish, and ran only fish up until running the wheat product, then the changeover would only apply in my mind when you finish the wheat/fish product.

That's what we are assuming. and thank you again for the help.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users