Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hey Guys,

I wonder if you can help me...

I've been searching through the forums trying to find a risk assessment template which will cover me for the BRC and Tesco standards.
Basically my Quality Manager has told me I need to cover;
likliehood, severity, outcome and action of the risk.....

Also I did see a thread posted asking whether they should risk assess by area (as in packhouse/office/packaging store) or by BRC clause? I'm still none the wiser after reading the thread...:-S

Any help would be great!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

Dear Gemma,

Here is one generic RA form with yr mentioned format plus an example (not BRC) of it's use.

Attached File  generic_risk_assessment_form.doc   203.5KB   5321 downloads

Attached File  generic_risk_assessment_form__example.doc   409KB   5020 downloads

There are, of course, many other styles, and many designed for particular purposes. "BRC" is a rather non-specific request. ?? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

Those are H&S templates but look good and can be easily adapted to food safety.

BRC just love "risk assessment". The following are required to be risk assessed:

i. Supplier approval and monitoring
ii. Storage
iii. Cleaning
iv. Water, ice, steam, and gases in contact with food or food contact surfaces
v. Maintenance of new equipment
vi. Cleaning of footwear if worn outside
vii. Risks of Chemical, Physical and Taint contamination
viii. Site audit frequency
ix. Potential contamination from glass
x. Frequency of checking glass items
xi. Glass breakage procedures
xii. Potential contamination from wood
xiii. Foreign body contamination from packaging
xiv. Pest control inspections
xv. Storage, loading and transportation procedures
xvi. Raw material contamination with allergens
xvii. Prevention of cross-contamination with allergens
xviii. Integrity of identity preserved raw materials
xix. Prevention of contamination of identity preserved materials
xx. Testing and inspection schedules
xxi. Product release
xxii. Checking of measuring devices
xxiii. Jewellery policy
xxiv. Hand cleaning
xxv. Protective clothing
xxvi. Laundering of protective clothing
xxvii. Wearing of beard snoods

Regards,

Tony :smile:

Thanked by 4 Members:

GemmaZA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

Thanks Charles thats the best one I have seen so far :biggrin: . We generally use the storage and distribution standard from the BRC as we are service providers and only supply fruit of our own at certain times of the year.
And thanks Tony :thumbup: , you seem to have all the required risk assessments well covered!!. A very comprehensive list thank you very much! I can get to work with our risk assessments now and will start getting ready for the Tesco audit too :doh:

Spinno

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thank you all for this info, it is very helpful.

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey Guys,

I wonder if you can help me...

Any help would be great!

I just recently joined this site looking for the same thing (thank you Charles.C)

I've attached something we have been working on... still in the works but, from our BRC auditors up in Alaska, this structure seems to please them.

Attached File  (20.9) 2010 Risk Assessment guidance - BRC Version 5-LB.xls   49KB   5153 downloads

It is a basic summary of the clauses and how we are addressing them (referencing supporting documents addressing the concern).

Perhaps this can help.

Cheers,

-Cory

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Dear Baron,

Thanks for the attachment.

Good illustration of the unfathomable logic behind the brc selection of items to risk assess, not to mention the volume of requests. IMO the seeming randomness prompts an equally minimalist response although this is not a very laudable conclusion from a safety point of view.
I admire your intention to produce a generic summation of the problem though I’m a bit unsure about (your choices / the likely auditor reaction) in some cases, for example yr jewelry section RA appears to suggest you believe that there is in fact no need for such a policy?. :smile: ( have always been rather cautious over the popular HACCP procedure of GMP being ascribed after low risk items, sort of chicken and egg approach.)
I wondered why you stopped your assessment prior to an actual “risk” conclusion, eg from a matrix ?? I thought this is usually the result of likelihood / severity data, subjective or not.
I anticipate the next request of the auditors in many cases is to see the result of the application of the ubiquitous statement. [consider product and process]. IMEX, this is where the main work comes in if a meaningful answer is required however if BRC are perfectly happy with the attachment as presented then Good Luck. :thumbup:

Rgds / Charles.C

BTW, Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

I just recently joined this site looking for the same thing (thank you Charles.C)

I've attached something we have been working on... still in the works but, from our BRC auditors up in Alaska, this structure seems to please them.

Attached File  (20.9) 2010 Risk Assessment guidance - BRC Version 5-LB.xls   49KB   5153 downloads

It is a basic summary of the clauses and how we are addressing them (referencing supporting documents addressing the concern).

Perhaps this can help.

Cheers,

-Cory

Posted Image

Thank you Cory

Despite some of Charles's reservations, I think this is a kind of neat idea: It is logical and simple and looks good.

Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,

Tony

markw

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Cory
Thanks this will help me out a lot we are going through our pre-audit tomorrow and than our main audit is January 3rd. How long did it take you to get ready for the audit.

mark

Perhaps this can help.

Cheers,

-Cory

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

Dear markw,

You might find the template in link below interesting also, a derivative of the earlier one in this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__38882

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while.

Thank you Charles and Gemma for your input.

I slapped it together right after our BRC audit. Speaking to our auditor, this is the sort of structure he was implying. I am still chewing on it and have to re-visit/re-asses each point.

It has not been implemented just yet. But the structure is there for the taking and modification.

Cheers,
-Cory

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

It has not been implemented just yet. But the structure is there for the taking and modification.

You might want to consider the justifications for supporting your risk assessment matrix you have conducted

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Cory
Thanks this will help me out a lot we are going through our pre-audit tomorrow and than our main audit is January 3rd. How long did it take you to get ready for the audit.

mark

Hello Mark,

I don't know if you used it fully, but how did that matrix work for you? ( I do know this was ages ago). Charles Chew commented on considering a justification for supporting the risk assessment matrix... this may have been a considerable flaw in what I posted. I was thinking of linking it to a likelihood/severity numeric calculation... I never got a chance to deploy it, but am now encountering it in SQF (though not as much).

Cheers!

As A Aar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Could any one share product & process risk assessment matrix in which all are 05 risk are cover Biological, Chemical,Regulatory, Quality, Physical Risk ..

Please share the file if any body have

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

Could any one share product & process risk assessment matrix in which all are 05 risk are cover Biological, Chemical,Regulatory, Quality, Physical Risk ..

Please share the file if any body have

Dear AsAAar,

Could you clarify the meaning of red text above ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

As A Aar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:36 AM

I mean to say that we have to prepare product and process risk assessment for a zipper manufacturing firm so what could me the points and how the risk will be calculated.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

I mean to say that we have to prepare product and process risk assessment for a zipper manufacturing firm so what could me the points and how the risk will be calculated.

Can you clarify the (BRC) food product / process (hopefully not a zipper) ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bego

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

attachicon.gif(20.9) 2010 Risk Assessment guidance - BRC Version 5-LB.xls

Perhaps this can help.

Cheers,

-Cory

Good Work!!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users