Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

I am the UK Technical manager for a very large meat processor. Part of my role is to complete the many self audit/ warranties/ ethical questionaires etc,etc.

In recent weeks I have been asked by a couple of our customers to complete the particular sheet of paper for each of the company's sites - we have 15 sites all working to the same Quality Management System. So potentially I have to spend my time filling in 15 indentical peices of paper just changing the contact details 15 times. I should point out I complete for all sites because the other sites are not in the UK so we have a language barrier.

I wondered what BRC etc says about multiple sites. Is this a condition of achieving the accreditation or is this just overkill.

I understand why people want them to be site specific but I have a huge number of customers and a huge number of processing sites and only little old me!!

Yours thoughts would be appreciated

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I am the UK Technical manager for a very large meat processor. Part of my role is to complete the many self audit/ warranties/ ethical questionaires etc,etc.

In recent weeks I have been asked by a couple of our customers to complete the particular sheet of paper for each of the company's sites - we have 15 sites all working to the same Quality Management System. So potentially I have to spend my time filling in 15 indentical peices of paper just changing the contact details 15 times. I should point out I complete for all sites because the other sites are not in the UK so we have a language barrier.

I wondered what BRC etc says about multiple sites. Is this a condition of achieving the accreditation or is this just overkill.

I understand why people want them to be site specific but I have a huge number of customers and a huge number of processing sites and only little old me!!

Yours thoughts would be appreciated

Dear nomio,

I'm rather surprised that all the different sites can be answered with an identical form. But if so, why not simply pre-prepare 15 variations, each with appropriate language / contact details as one package ? (just like buying stereos, etc). I expect i am missing something here. :smile:

BRC is surely a 1-by-1 scenario if geographically uncombinable.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

nomio

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Some forms are site specific but as we have a centralised technical department most sites use exactly the same controls and all are accredidated to the same standard.

Best example to give is today I have signed 15 supplier allergen forms, all our sites use the exact same ingredients. So I have had to send 15 forms with one line different........... "Site name". This is even more annoying with we don't have ANY allergens on site so the answers are just no, no, no, etc

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users