Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 98 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Heeeeey I got harmless Brian to post again....Sorry Brian I just have a vivid imagination didn't mean any harm...I was reading this post after It_Rains_Inside said it was her favorite...and was Laughing So Hard....I need to call Family Guy to add that part to the bit...Need to scare seagulls away from your food facility???? Boy do we have the remedy for you!!!!! :roflmao:

I guess it scares the birds away from defecating on the used cars as well as attract customers (Two birds with one stone??? eh eh eh Anyone???)...funny thing is someone here at the office dressed up as that for Halloween.

attachicon.gifHalloween - Jesus - 1.jpg

two birds with one stone... ehhh... ehhh ...  :giggle:  :roflmao:

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

jpalombi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

Bird buffer has gotten rave reviews here; even in large, outdoor areas.  PG&E is installing them at their substations, and Costco is using them in their food courts.  You could check them out and see if they think your particular pests can be successfully discouraged.

Miss Tammy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 13 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Interior decorating, swimming, reading anything, reality TV, keeping up with 3 Grandbabies under 2 years old!

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

We put bird feed on  large glue boards that are in our ILT's and place them on top of a couple of ladders in the area.  They land on the glue board and get stuck.  An employee climbs the ladder and retrieves them.   What happens next????  I do not want to know, but it works great!

w.weber

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hello,

We put bird feed on  large glue boards that are in our ILT's and place them on top of a couple of ladders in the area.  They land on the glue board and get stuck.  An employee climbs the ladder and retrieves them.   What happens next????  I do not want to know, but it works great!

in terms of animal protection this behavior is forbitten within europe. And there will be a lot of colleagues shouting for the police if handled like this. Also glue boards can't differ between protected birds and not. And your system is working on attrcting your "comatant" instead of chasing away or fencing off? Is your food defence system also working like that  :ejut: ?

I made good experience working with my pest control company. I had a place showing up with a lot of doves. Putting a line of spikes at the corner solved the problem without killing one animal. There are also electro shock fence systems or gels with "chili" or spreading UV-light assuming there may be a fire. Or putting strip curtains at the doorways preventing any access of birds into warehouses. 

There are many way to hold birds outside instead of attracing, torture them and kill them. Have you ever been sitting on a glue boards, perhaps also covered mouth and nose with sticky glue for hours?  I a lot of places there are much more nature protecting ways in solving this problem, if you know the nature of the animals,

Yours

Werner

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

I doubt a glueboard would have any great effect on an Irish Seagull except perhaps a health and safety issue for people walking below it when it fell......possibly with a section of roof attached...

We've tried everything.... and they just raise the two webbed toes at us and laugh , as only seagulls can!!

Edited by trubertq, 12 February 2015 - 09:31 AM.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Omg are glue boards allowed? Surprised RSPB haven't banned them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

We've tried everything.... and they just raise the two webbed toes at us and laugh , as only seagulls can!!

Have you tried sitting around and staring at each other all day?  I hear seagulls find that very boring.
http://video.disney....81f14aec1d35686

Edit: If you keep watching (it auto plays the next clip), the same reputable source confirms that seagulls are slightly startled by naked women, but not scared enough to leave.  

Edited by magenta_majors, 12 February 2015 - 11:29 AM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Omg are glue boards allowed? Surprised RSPB haven't banned them!

I am reasonsably certain they are not legal in the states for that use, either.

-Setanta         

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

I just jumped in and didn't read all previous posts so forgive I if I repeat what has been said. the best way is to use a hurdle method ie combine different methods

1)  use lighting .. put lighting on  a timer that comes on at random times especially if ceilings etc .. use bright LED lights

2) use predator decoys that are placed strategically around the building but make sure you move them around or change them coz birds soon realise they are just that, decoys

3) sound- there is some bird distress alarms you can buy  and turn them on at random times

4) spikes and nettings.. any 90 degree angled areas have to have spikes and use netting in the shipping doors

5)  on outside grounds - some plants have trained dogs to chase away those stubborn birds esp our Canadian geese.. and as long as the dogs don't enter the facility  you could be ok. but I am not sure how the GFSI would take that

6) use feed repellants like avitrol

7.  lastly, if the birds trespass into your plant without the necessary documentation then a good pellet gun must do the trick.( then invite us for a BBQ afterwards)

A vu in time , saves nine

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

I doubt a glueboard would have any great effect on an Irish Seagull except perhaps a health and safety issue for people walking below it when it fell......possibly with a section of roof attached...

:roflmao:  :rofl2:  :roflmao:

Have you tried sitting around and staring at each other all day?  I hear seagulls find that very boring.
http://video.disney....81f14aec1d35686

Edit: If you keep watching (it auto plays the next clip), the same reputable source confirms that seagulls are slightly startled by naked women, but not scared enough to leave.  

:roflmao:  :rofl2:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

I just jumped in and didn't read all previous posts

7.  lastly, if the birds trespass into your plant without the necessary documentation then a good pellet gun must do the trick.( then invite us for a BBQ afterwards)

You really have to read from the beginning, this possibly one of the funniest threads of all time.  I still come back to it when I need a good laugh. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

[quote name="Magenta majors

Edit: If you keep watching (it auto plays the next clip), the same reputable source confirms that seagulls are slightly startled by naked women, but not scared enough to leave. [/quote]

I'm not shaking my bits at no birds!

Gerard Butler , then yes!!!

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

If I paid you would you shake your bits at my ( handsome ) irish seagulls???

I shall post some pics later..... not of you shaking your bits, since I do not posses those but of the handsome seagulls.......

leah

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Honestly, powdered laundry detergent (Gain brand) worked for us. Weird, I know. Just make sure it's on your approved chemical list (lol).

Also, I would walk the exterior grounds daily and make sure there is no food of any kind on the ground. Years and years ago, so I hear, there were people actually feeding the birds with scrap from our plant. That was before all the regulations we have today. Make sure nothing like that is going on. But for the most part, if they don't have anything to eat, they will go elsewhere.

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

http://www.independe...d-30439338.html

This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that I think the country would probably be better off with seagulls in government

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

Their scavengers! what does he expect????

Caz x

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

People still eat lollipops?

-Setanta         

freeromios

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Best available resource:

http://www.pigeoncon...facilities.html

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

http://www.independe...d-30439338.html

This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that I think the country would probably be better off with seagulls in government

Our country would be better off with seagulls in the government as well. 

People still eat lollipops?

Ah nothing quite like the sugar rush from a lollipop. 

Their scavengers! what does he expect????

Caz x

You're thinking that a politician should have and use common knowledge.  Most Politicians don't have that much brain matter, which should make us wonder about ours since they get elected.  

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users