• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

Hi all, 

I have already finished the food safety strategy and KPI to build the Food Safety Management for Food services, especially for Concession, type of Food service for cinema. Now, I'm the only one person who is in charge for everything happened in the systems for 54 sites for many provinces in my country. I need someone to discuss or give me advice for my confuses (in the red colour)

My situation summary:

1. Concession is a combination of simple food preparation/ cooking and retailer => It's related to human operation and awareness to do something good => We have big problems to consistently train for staffs , especially part-time staffs because they change very fast.

2. Don't need apply Food management systems => We just have own Food management system that is suitable for our business.

3. We just have the primitive document for all systems. 

4. We have shared driver to give 54 cinemas monthly training materials to improve their awareness

My strategy for Food Management systems:

1. Building document for operation, cleaning and training materials. Of course, all document need to be verified after implementation. (I think it is necessary because when you want to expand business, system need to be strong and simple to easily to understand by everyone.)

2. Make evaluation of economical condition affects to Food Quality Management. Ex: when you're rich, you can use standard cleaning chemicals for cleaning process. But saving cost, can I apply cleaning tip (baking soda/ vinegar to remove burnt-carbon, strong dirt). Is it ok for system if it ensure cleaning effectiveness?

3. Set internal audit to explore exact situation and inspect implementation

4. Set KPI for each cinema to guide them step by step to go to standards. We will evaluate by factors below:

a. Training activities recorded by monthly training materials in shared drives

b. Implementation when random inspection in one year

c. The result of internal audit.

Anyone who used to experience for that. Please go to discuss with me. I feel alone for my way to build the system. 

Thank you so much

Sparkle27

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Brunei
    Brunei

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

Dear Francis,

For point one, in my opinion, it's normal to have high turnover especially in services. Therefore, create a booklet of bilingual "Standards Operating Procedure" in the most simplest manner on how to clean, maintain equipment, starting an operation and prepare food (food safety).

There is no time for training, but the person you hire can read this prior to starting working and also make them sign a document for references to Admin that they have been guided (this is to ensure that your outlet supervisor is delegating well).

in terms of saving tip in cleaning, in my opinion as long as it's clean then it should be sufficient. It all depends on who will be auditing your place and work with their requirement, Such as is there a need where the chemicals need to be food grade, neutral base etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pei 

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users