Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

Did you provide the coffee or the certificate Porky?

The certificate I'm a ISO22000 auditor :clap:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

The certificate I'm a ISO22000 auditor :clap:

Not to worry, congratulations anyhow. :biggrin:

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

:unsure:

How many companies are ISO 22000 certified so far? Does any one know whether any company
in Ghana is certified yet? We are going for certification in March'07 and our certifying body SGS says
we will be the first in Ghana to get certified....Just want to make sure.

Sankara narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hi Sankara,

So far I'm finding out who has become ISO 22000 Certified through press releases; but they are very few and far between.

There are many Certification Bodies throughout the world auditing for ISO 22000 and they all hold their own information on the number companies they have certified. Some may publish data in the public domain (usually on their website), but there is no requirement for them to do so. You might think they would want to publish this information if they were doing well, maybe the lack of information says something. :yeahrite:

There is no central register as such, no sorry ignore that. There is the possibility of a central register here on our network:

ISO 22000 Directory

But as yet not used so much by companies that hold ISO 22000 (or any other) Certification.

SGS are probably right about you being the first in Ghana. So make sure you make the most of it, when you achieve ISO 22000 remember to send us a press release to publish on the IFSQN website and maybe you can list your company in the directory. ;)

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Sports, Eating out, Travel

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

Sankara,

just out of curiosity what type of company do you work for?

will this be UKAS accredited certification or non-accredited?

James

"arguing with an auditor is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realise that the pig enjoys it"

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Hello James,

We manufacture a food additive called thaumatin, which is a natural sweetener(2500-3000 times sweeter than sugar). It is obtained from a fruit called thomatococcus daniellii which is seen in the African forests only. In fact we are the second company in the World to manufacture this, the first being a UK based company.

As far as accredition is considered I think we will be UKAS accredited.

Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

As far as accredition is considered I think we will be UKAS accredited.

Sankara,

I suggest that you ask some questions of SGS about the accreditation because they do not have UKAS accreditation for your sector (EAC 3)

Their approval is shown on the following link http://www.ukas.com/...agement_105.pdf

This is a good example of the importance of checking a CB fully before conducting the audit as your company may end up with a certificate which does not have the "value" that you think it does.

I would suggest that you check their quotation and if this is for UKAS accredited certification you should be able to ask them for a discount.

Sorry to break this news to you but as they say "forewarned is forearmed"

Now you can ask the auditor the difficult questions?

James

"arguing with an auditor is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realise that the pig enjoys it"

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

I suggest that you ask some questions of SGS about the accreditation because they do not have UKAS accreditation for your sector (EAC 3)

Their approval is shown on the following link http://www.ukas.com/...agement_105.pdf

James,

When you say sector (EAC 3) is that a country or a product / process group? How do you read the schedule at the link I cannot see any mention of ISO 22000?

Simon

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

Simon,

EAC is the European Agency Codes.

if you follow this link it shows you the sectors broken down http://www.quality20...uk/EA Codes.htm

The ISO22000 part of the schedule is on page 8 of the document, the schedule is structured like this because currently the rules for accreditation are based on the ISO9001:2000 rules

I hope this clarifies the schedule?

James

KellyB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Family, painting, music, scuba diving, bowling

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Dear Sankara,
I think you will be the first company in your country to be certified with ISO 22k. I hope you will do well, please let us know.
My company is supposed to be going for certification in March also. So far, only 16 companies certified in Greece (another 25 failed so far!). I hope we will succeed, we have been doing a lot of hard work and the budget is enormous for a company like ours (importation-storing-distribution of Asian / Ethnic Food). I shall let you know the results!
Rgds/Kelly B.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY..!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Dear Sankara,
I think you will be the first company in your country to be certified with ISO 22k. I hope you will do well, please let us know.
My company is supposed to be going for certification in March also. So far, only 16 companies certified in Greece (another 25 failed so far!). I hope we will succeed, we have been doing a lot of hard work and the budget is enormous for a company like ours (importation-storing-distribution of Asian / Ethnic Food). I shall let you know the results!
Rgds/Kelly B.

May I add my best wishes to both of you; I know you can do it. :smarty:

Simon

Phillip Huff

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:24 AM

Bramfood Manufacturers and Distributors, of Brampton, ON, Canada has successfully completed registration to ISO 22000. as of October 23, 2006

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

Bramfood Manufacturers and Distributors, of Brampton, ON, Canada has successfully completed registration to ISO 22000. as of October 23, 2006

Thanks Phillip. What do they do?

jose22000

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

Some certificates in Spain by Applus (www.appluscorp.com):

Miguel Gallego S.A. (olive and seed oils)
C.A. Guissona, S.A. (feed and meat)
Agglotap, S.A. (corks for beverage industry)

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Dear all,

Sorry for keeping away from the forum for some time.I was busy getting prepared for ISO 22000
certification audit. So we have done it. We , Samartex Timber & Plywood Company Limited, Thaumatin Division,are recommended for ISO 22000:2005 certification. The certification audit was on 28th and 29th of May,07. The CB was SGS.
We become the first company in Ghana to be certified for ISO 22000:2005. :smarty: Thanks for the guidance I got from this forum.

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

Dear Sankara,

:clap: :clap: Many Congratulations ! Sounds like a very intelligent company.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

PedroP

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

Dear Sankara,

Congratulations, I hope you had adquired a lot of experiences from audit.

In Spain, ISO22000 certification is in stand-by. I know lots of companies in knowing about it. But they are waiting. Because they work with BRC or IFS.

Regards from SPAIN.

Pedro Pablo

Dear Sankara,

:clap: :clap: Many Congratulations ! Sounds like a very intelligent company.

Rgds / Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Sorry for keeping away from the forum for some time.I was busy getting prepared for ISO 22000
certification audit. So we have done it. We , Samartex Timber & Plywood Company Limited, Thaumatin Division,are recommended for ISO 22000:2005 certification. The certification audit was on 28th and 29th of May,07. The CB was SGS.
We become the first company in Ghana to be certified for ISO 22000:2005. :smarty: Thanks for the guidance I got from this forum.

Hello Sankara, Nice to hear from you again. I just want to add my congratulations and best wishes; it is some achievment to become the first ISO 22000 Certified company in your country - well done! :smarty:

Regards,
Simon

KellyB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Family, painting, music, scuba diving, bowling

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

Dear all,

Sorry for keeping away from the forum for so long! I was busy getting prepared for the ISO 22000
certification audit. We did it!!! We, Cardinal S.A., Athens, Greece, achieved the ISO 22000:2005 certification. Our company deals with importing, storage and distribution of oriental/ethnic food. The certification audit was on 15th and 16th June,07.
We became one of the 15 companies in Greece to be certified with ISO 22000:2005.
Thanks you all for the guidance I got from this forum and for your kind support.

Best Regards,

Kelly B.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY..!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Dear Kelly,

Many Congratulations!

:band:

Best Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:05 AM

Dear Kelly,

Congratulations on your grand success! :clap: :thumbup:

Best Regards,

A sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

Dear all,

Sorry for keeping away from the forum for so long! I was busy getting prepared for the ISO 22000
certification audit. We did it!!! We, Cardinal S.A., Athens, Greece, achieved the ISO 22000:2005 certification. Our company deals with importing, storage and distribution of oriental/ethnic food. The certification audit was on 15th and 16th June,07.
We became one of the 15 companies in Greece to be certified with ISO 22000:2005.
Thanks you all for the guidance I got from this forum and for your kind support.

Best Regards,

Kelly B.

Great news Kelly; I'm really pleased for you. I think your boss needs to show his/her appreciation, if you know what I mean. :biggrin: You are also welcome to add your company details to the directory - see here.

Regards,
Simon

moo73steve

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

Hi guys,

Snap Fresh Pty Ltd in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, has just completed the implementation of ISO 22000 and is now certified through SAI Global.

We make airline meals as well as supply to the healthcare and quick service resturant industries.

Overall it was a great experience and we have gained many positive additions to our systems that were not required under ISO 9000, such as emergency preparedness, and enhanced communication with suppliers and customers.

Very worthwhile from our perspective.

Steve

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Snap Fresh Pty Ltd in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, has just completed the implementation of ISO 22000 and is now certified through SAI Global.

We make airline meals as well as supply to the healthcare and quick service resturant industries.

Overall it was a great experience and we have gained many positive additions to our systems that were not required under ISO 9000, such as emergency preparedness, and enhanced communication with suppliers and customers.

Very worthwhile from our perspective.

Great work Steve, and thanks for taking the time to tell us. :thumbup:

You can tell the world here: IFSQN Directory

Free too for Regular Forum Posters

Regards,
Simon

abdulhamid

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Oman
    Oman

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

in Oman

Mehdi Foods LLC got iso 22000 :2005 in march 07, certified by URS.
as first company in Oman.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users