• Quick Navigation
Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

No CCPs in a Haccp Plan - Can This Be Possible?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: How many CCP's in your HACCP System? (552 member(s) have cast votes)

How many CCP's in your HACCP System?

1. 0 (Zero) (138 votes [24.95%])

Percentage of vote: 24.95%

2. 1-2 (224 votes [40.51%])

Percentage of vote: 40.51%

3. 3-4 (115 votes [20.80%])

Percentage of vote: 20.80%

4. 5-6 (50 votes [9.04%])

Percentage of vote: 9.04%

5. 7-8 (10 votes [1.81%])

Percentage of vote: 1.81%

6. 9-10 (6 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

7. More than 10 (10 votes [1.81%])

Percentage of vote: 1.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#176 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 12,462 posts
  • 3246 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

My answer is yes as long as the Operational Prerequisite Programme validates the risk of Hazardous Contamination as low tending to zero Risk Priority Number( RPN) 

and any previous CCP,s Risk of breaching the Hazardous limits are validated as having a low probability of occurrence.  

Hi djames,

Do you think it's possible to have a (ISO/FSSC22000) HACCP Plan with neither CCPs nor OPRPs ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

#177 Kehlan

Kehlan

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

It is possible and not just in food retail.  Its common in fresh produce where the produce is not being processed but just brought in, stored and packed before going out.  We have no CCPs and the BRC auditor was very impressed with our HACCP.

#178 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 12,462 posts
  • 3246 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

It is possible and not just in food retail.  Its common in fresh produce where the produce is not being processed but just brought in, stored and packed before going out.  We have no CCPs and the BRC auditor was very impressed with our HACCP.

Hi Kehlan,

Thks for the input. The conclusion might have been different if yr haccp scope extended to a pre-farmgate scenario. I also deduce that yr input may have been somewhat post-farmgate "processed" prior to yr own reception. ( "packed" can have variable interpretations IMEX).

i wonder if the auditorial satisfaction may also be related to history ?

Afaik, the UK fresh produce industry has so far not been touched by any of the various major troubles reported elsewhere, notably pathogenic E.coli/USA. Whether due to luck or some genuine FS control differences i am unaware. (I recall seeing a comparative (US/GB) article on this happy (GB-wise) distinction a few years back which suggested the latter cause but i forget the explanations given).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

#179 Kehlan

Kehlan

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

Packed as in taking a number of whole fruit (eg oranges) and placing them in a net or bag.  No processing whatsoever, just storage and packing.  No metal detection required as product is whole and needs to be peeled.  Everything else is covered by an extensive programme of prerequisites.  Really, what CCPs can there be when you buy in a load of whole fruit, store it in a fridge for a few days, bring it out of the fridge, put it in a box, on a pallet, on a lorry and off to the customer?

#180 Kushal

Kushal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:53 AM

:coffee:

#181 melsm57

melsm57

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

I'm sure HACCP studies of some processes, especially for example in food packaging manufacturing do not identify any CCP's and they happily assure food safety by implementing just the prerequisite systems. IMO it doesn't matter though if they have done the hazard analysis professionally.

As many packaging professionals visit SDF it will be interesting to run a poll to see how many CCP's, and what type of CCP's we have identified in our HACCP systems. Charles I will leave it till Sunday evening GMT so that the thread doesn't disappear over the weekend.

On that note have a good weekend. :thumbup:

Regards,
Simon

I agree - in my previous incarnation as  QM at a plastic container injection moulding facility which made direct food contact plastic pails and lids - initially we had no CCPs - one of our sister facilities continues to have no CCPS based on their risk assessment. However, at my location we had shown ourselves unable to successfully control correct label/ (In mould labeling added at the time of injection moulding) in the finished product resulting in a few instances of one odd pail mislabeled in a skid. So we introduced Line Clearance as a CCP as the only way to control the risk. Our sister facility has never had a mix up and is content to control their risk via PR program. Horses for course.

#182 IchBinGnade

IchBinGnade

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

We are producing multiple food products, so we have many CCPs

#183 usmanashraf