• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

Guys,

I would just like to tell you all that having recently (one year and one day) joined a company which was currently on a 'amber' status from their previous TFMS / PIU audit we achieved blue on our recent audit. Has anyone else here managed that?

Ss

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Nope. Managed to get to green but never managed a blue myself. Well done!

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

Guys,

I would just like to tell you all that having recently (one year and one day) joined a company which was currently on a 'amber' status from their previous TFMS / PIU audit we achieved blue on our recent audit. Has anyone else here managed that?

Ss

Well done!

I must admit I would never ever work again for a manufacturer that supplied own label for Tesco! or any other retailer for that matter!

For starters, they don't practice what they preach! have you seen the people behind the Deli counters? No Jewellry? No chance!!

Secondly, if my "A" at BRC isn't good enough, then why do i put myself through the BRC audit each year??

Still it doesn't detract from you having done a good job! Well done........now tell us your secret!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Guys,

Ss

Well done Scooby. We could always do with a hand around here so I think it's time you shared some of your undoubted talents with the rest of the forum. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

Well done!

I must admit I would never ever work again for a manufacturer that supplied own label for Tesco! or any other retailer for that matter!

For starters, they don't practice what they preach! have you seen the people behind the Deli counters? No Jewellry? No chance!!

Secondly, if my "A" at BRC isn't good enough, then why do i put myself through the BRC audit each year??

Still it doesn't detract from you having done a good job! Well done........now tell us your secret!

Oh I agree. I've stopped staff in a Tesco store emptying packs onto the floor before and then putting them on shelf and they've just given me loads of hassle!

I once went to a deli counter and asked for some Chorizo then saw how dirty the slicing machine was. I said "are you going to use that slicer?"

She said (while blinged to the max) "yes"

"well it's dirty"

"I could clean it for you?"

"I think you should clean it for you! I've changed my mind about the chorizo!"

Yep, they have double standards and pass on complaints to their suppliers about product going off and yet their quality monitoring is appalling. Still, the PIU process is tough but it does take you to the next level IMO (on some things, some are just ridiculous!) Still, as Caz said, glad I work in branded nowadays!

pawilliams1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality Management Systems, HACCP

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

Ss

Well done - getting blues is quite an achievement.

I've got an audit for Tesco coming up soon - never had one before - so if you want to give me any advice I would be most grateful. They do say "every little helps"!

Paul

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

Ss

Well done - getting blues is quite an achievement.

I've got an audit for Tesco coming up soon - never had one before - so if you want to give me any advice I would be most grateful. They do say "every little helps"!

Paul

My advice would be not to have a production run on that day!!! Archive all your documents and go off to blackpool on a jolly!

If your auditor was anything like the one(s) i had then they'll know far more about your process than you do anyway! even those straight out of Uni!!

You can't win. I've had two auditors from Tesco give me conflicting information in the same audit! which one do you believe??? frankly i didn't believe either of them!

I take it you have a copy of their Manufacturing Code? It's in the document exchange here. I'm not sure if it's been updated, i don't think it has, but if it has, and you have a copy, if you'd share it with us, we'd love you forever!

let us know how you go on

Caz x

pawilliams1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

My advice would be not to have a production run on that day!!! Archive all your documents and go off to blackpool on a jolly!

If your auditor was anything like the one(s) i had then they'll know far more about your process than you do anyway! even those straight out of Uni!!

You can't win. I've had two auditors from Tesco give me conflicting information in the same audit! which one do you believe??? frankly i didn't believe either of them!

I take it you have a copy of their Manufacturing Code? It's in the document exchange here. I'm not sure if it's been updated, i don't think it has, but if it has, and you have a copy, if you'd share it with us, we'd love you forever!

let us know how you go on

Caz x

Going to Blackpool for the day sounds like good advice to me - I certainly don't want to be there but MD thinks it is necessary (such a spoilsport!).

I don't have a copy of the standard because the company has engaged the services of a food safety consultant, who does have a copy of the standard and who tells my boss what I need to do. I will try to get a copy of the standard from our consultant but don't hold your breath!!

I'll let you know how we get on - if I don't have a nervous breakdown first!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Dear Paul,

I don't have a copy of the standard because the company has engaged the services of a food safety consultant, who does have a copy of the standard and who tells my boss what I need to do. I will try to get a copy of the standard from our consultant but don't hold your breath!!

This feature sounds like a possible contender for the fastest 1st NC in Tesco audit history ! :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Minnie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 29 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:40 AM

Hi Everyone

I have a copy of the latest Tesco standard and (hopefully) I've attached it for you although a revision is due at the end of the month (I will post that as soon as I get it)

Kind regards

Minnie

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Saviour

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food Safety, regulatory, codex

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

Guys,

Ss

Hi!!

Slightly diverting the topic.
'TFMS / PIU audit' is new for me.
Hey can someone pl. explain?

Regards

Saviour

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food Safety, regulatory, codex

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

Thanx Minnie
I will go thru this standart and revert back.

Regards

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hi Everyone

I have a copy of the latest Tesco standard and (hopefully) I've attached it for you although a revision is due at the end of the month (I will post that as soon as I get it)

Kind regards

Minnie

OHHH i see a revision was due on 29th July 2009!!!

who'd like to tell Tesco?????

pawilliams1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:51 AM

Dear Paul,

This feature sounds like a possible contender for the fastest 1st NC in Tesco audit history ! :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Our consultant assures me that I will have it from him - been assuring me for some time. Mind you, he insists on being with us on the day of the audit so he should have a copy with him. Mind you, at his rates if he's with us for a full day during the audit it'll be a few months before we make any profit out of the job.

Anyways, we'll see how it goes. Only four weeks until the audit and no chance of a trip to Blackpool that day!!

Minnie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 29 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hi Paul

If you are a Tesco supplier or potential supplier do you not have a user ID and password to get on to the Tesco Technical Library or is that more information that your consultant is keeping to himself?!

Kind regards

Minnie

pawilliams1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

Hi Paul

If you are a Tesco supplier or potential supplier do you not have a user ID and password to get on to the Tesco Technical Library or is that more information that your consultant is keeping to himself?!

Kind regards

Minnie

Thank you Minnie - I didn't even know there was a Tesco Technical Library to be honest. I keep getting this feeling that our consultant is treating me a bit like a mushroom! Never mind, I will register now.

Thank you very much - if you were right next to me I would kiss you!

Minnie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 29 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi Paul

Glad I could help, hope you've been able to register without any problems. To be honest I'm surprised that your Tesco technologist hasn't been badgering you to register and get all your site details & specs on there already.

Good luck

Minnie

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Thank you Minnie - I didn't even know there was a Tesco Technical Library to be honest. I keep getting this feeling that our consultant is treating me a bit like a mushroom! Never mind, I will register now.

Thank you very much - if you were right next to me I would kiss you!

Hi Paul

a lot of these documents are in the shared area.

But, similar to BRC, if you can't demonstrate that you have access to their standards, you'd get a non-conformance.

Kick your consultant into touch, he's just lining his pockets!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Can anyone tell me what the TFMS & PIU acronyms mean?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Dear Simon,

My guess from an earlier post is that TFMS = Tesco Food Manufacturing Standard but PIU no idea. (Put In Uven ?? :smile: )

Indeed, Tesco seem to delight in thinking up acronyms, I also noticed WGLL and ASPN which are surely unique to them.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

I think PIU is Process Inspection Unannounced

But i may be wrong.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

I think PIU is Process Inspection Unannounced

But i may be wrong.

He He. Well if the title of the standard is this difficult to clarify I don't hold out much hope for the rest of it. :rolleyes:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

Dear All,

If you try googling "tesco piu", it looks like "PI" = Product Integrity but the U seems to be a secret, possibly because it's unannounced :biggrin:

Kudos to Google anyway :thumbup:

Rgds / Charles.C

aded - I noticed this international comment in passing, worth a chuckle or 2 -

http://www.lastampa....r...08&sezione=

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Minnie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 29 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

I think that PIU means Product Integrity Unit - according to my Tesco documentation anyway!

Minnie

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

I think that PIU means Product Integrity Unit - according to my Tesco documentation anyway!

Minnie

Thanks Minnie.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users