• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

Hi Folks,

Jeez, do I wish I found you lot six months ago!
I work for a large Australian wine producer, until recently in the Laboratory. Feb this year, I was asked to take on our Food Safety and Quality programs.

During our last SAI Global audit of our Food Safety system, there were some serious non-conformances found (regardless of the inherent low-risk of wines). About this time, our previous QA/Food Safety manager jumped ship. The rest of us were left scrabbling around trying to pick up the pieces, which is where my new role was developed.

Over the last 6 months, I have been rewriting our Food Safety plan from the ground up. I am most of the way through now, and our next audit is coming up in November (not long now!) Even though I have had a great deal of support from our Corporate office, I am sure I would have liked to know about this place before now!

Thanks guys, see you on the boards.

Shane

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hi Folks,

Jeez, do I wish I found you lot six months ago!
I work for a large Australian wine producer, until recently in the Laboratory. Feb this year, I was asked to take on our Food Safety and Quality programs.

During our last SAI Global audit of our Food Safety system, there were some serious non-conformances found (regardless of the inherent low-risk of wines). About this time, our previous QA/Food Safety manager jumped ship. The rest of us were left scrabbling around trying to pick up the pieces, which is where my new role was developed.

Over the last 6 months, I have been rewriting our Food Safety plan from the ground up. I am most of the way through now, and our next audit is coming up in November (not long now!) Even though I have had a great deal of support from our Corporate office, I am sure I would have liked to know about this place before now!

Thanks guys, see you on the boards.

Shane

Hi Shane, welcome to the forums it's great to have you on board. Thanks also for introducing yourself. The forums have been online for about 7 years (I forget) and we have an ever growing member list, especially we are seeing an increase in new members from the USA and Oz.

Cheers,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users