Event Organizer NSF-GFTC
Contact Name Annette Crewson
Contact Number 519-821-1246 ext. 5028
Contact Email email@example.com
Event State/City Guelph
Event Country Canada
Cost of Attendance $999.00 CDN
Event/Registration URL http://www.gftc.ca/courses-and-training/course-details.aspx?course=HAC02
The HACCP system, comprised of the HACCP prerequisite programs, the HACCP plan and reassessment, is a preventative approach to food safety. Establishing control of identified hazards at critical control points during manufacture ensures safe production of food. The development of a HACCP plan requires a comprehensive review of the product line in order to complete a hazard analysis, determine critical control points, set critical and operating limits, and establish procedures for monitoring and deviation with accurate validation and verification processes and record keeping. At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss food safety, food quality, global food safety standards and prerequisite programs as building blocks for HACCP
- Apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop and maintain your HACCP plans
- Differentiate between physical, chemical and biological hazards
- Conduct a hazard analysis and utilize the HACCP decision tree to identify critical control points
HACCP II is an examinable program. Register for HACCP II, with the optional online examination, and receive a Certificate of Attainment upon successful completion. Exam Details
The HACCP online examination is a way to demonstrate knowledge and competency in HACCP plan development.
- The examination must be written within 18 months of having successfully completed HACCP Plan Development training.
- Two attempts will be permitted to complete the examination.
- Exam questions will focus on GMPs, prerequisite programs and HACCP plan development.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, a Certificate of Attainment will be awarded.
- For an SQF-certified site, the site's SQF practitioner must have successfully completed an examinable HACCP program (as per the SQF Code).