Regional Sales Manager, West Coast will work with the Sterilex sales and marketing group to profitably increase sales by developing new business, growing existing business and building relationships with accounts and distributors throughout a specific region. Regional Sales Manager may also be given market development responsibilities as well.
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex core market segments (e.g. corporate quality, plant QA managers, food safety managers, plant managers, etc.)
- Manage sales targets and generating sales plans to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end-users. Communicating product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information regarding industry needs to the management team.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management and customers to ensure proper and timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
- Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
- Perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts by developing quarterly blog posts.
- Exemplify Sterilex core values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, innovation and leadership.
- Based on qualifications and experience, may be asked to serve as a mentor for 12 months for new Regional Sales Manager hires.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years’ sales experience in the chemical, sanitation, or food protection industry OR minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing plant with expertise both in plant operations and sanitation.
- Ability to travel ≥60% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US.
- Oral Communication: must be able to clearly and effectively communicate verbally with clients, potential clients, vendors and staff; speak clearly and persuasively; listen and get clarification when necessary; Respond informatively to questions; participate in meetings. Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to communicate to audiences with varied education and work experience. (e.g. entry level to very seasoned employees, non-degreed to Ph.D. educated individuals).
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Training: Clearly explains concepts; Varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Discriminates between important and unimportant details, recognizes inconsistencies between facts and then carries out corrective actions.
- Excellent sales skills, good listener
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Mentorship: Includes mentees in decision making processes; Makes self- accessible to mentees; Provides regular feedback and follow up with mentees; Develops mentees’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in mentees; Works to improve processes, products and services; reports to supervisor regarding mentees’ performance and areas of improvement.
- Willingness and ability to develop service reports and expense reports.
- Aggressive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to walk multiple flights of stairs.
- The ability to travel ≥60% of the time including driving up to 6 hours at a time and multiple flights with airport connections.
- The ability to stand and walk around in a plant environment up to 8 hours at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Professional home office environment. Quiet enough to take phone calls.
- Need access to broadband internet and cellular telephone signal.
- Often will work from hotel rooms and airports.
- Will spend significant amount of time working in and around manufacturing environments.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional exposure to high, precarious places.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Periodic exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Protective clothing or equipment is required including: gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, hair nets, protective eye wear when in a manufacturing environment.