Quality Manager / SQF PractitionerThe position is hands-on and will lead and support the Company’s Food Safety and Quality programs. You will serve as SQF Practitioner, ensuring products comply with all regulatory & customer requirements, and managing the Quality Assurance/Quality Control function. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer and supervises the Quality Control Team. Major duties will include:
Leading Food Safety and QC Activities
- Serve as SQF Practioner by leading compliance with the Company’s Food Safety and Quality Programs and validating and monitoring the effectiveness of the SQF System & improving the program as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer requirements for both food and supplements including any special regulations/certifications such as organic, internal and Kosher.
- Ensure the facility is audit-ready every day.
- Seek ways to continuously improve the Food Safety and Quality Programs.
- Perform documentation and process audits to ensure compliance with stated procedures.
- Conduct regular audits of the food security plan and monthly food safety audits with cross-functional team.
- Develop and conduct employee training programs for key elements of manufacturing.
- Perform mock recalls.
- Review incoming materials for acceptance against standards.
- Conduct daily GMP audits and product sampling & monitor plant sanitation.
- Review process control data, HOLDS and disposition of product.
- Review labels for accuracy, compliance with labeling laws.
- Technical, hands-on work experience in a manufacturing company that held a quality management system certification such as ISO; QA/QC experience in an SQF certified facility desired, and confectionery or food plant is a plus.
- A strong attention to detail is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Food Science, Physical Sciences or related field.
- Successful completion of formal training in preventive controls such as HACCP and PCQI; SQF desired.
- Self-starter, with a desire to broaden his/her knowledge of the company beyond QA/QC by working on projects and learning other areas of the business.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Excel, with some knowledge of ACCESS a plus.
- Strong technical capability and solid technical writing skills
Base salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), and paid time off.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.