• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

Hello,

In the new version of BRC the review process include the evaluation of "developments in scientific information associoated with the producys in scope".

Can anyone help me to interpretate what it means?? :unsure:

Many thanks,
Filipa

filipa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hello,

Nobody help me??
:unsure:

Filipa

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:47 AM

Sorry! Not been around for a while.

Scientific information to me means information on research, outbreaks and legislation.

How I cover this off is as a business we have a group technical function and they send out information on legislation and other updates to us. If you don't have a group function, you could always search around and read academic papers yourself (I wouldn't; it takes a long time!) or you can ask a company like CCFRA to send you literature and legislation updates every month. To prove you have reviewed it, I'd include anything relevant in your HACCP review and when you receive it, print it out, sign and date once you've read it (so that it proves you've reviewed it even if there's nothing relevant.)

I think you said you were in tomato processing? A website which updates you on US outbreaks and research is called food haccp http://www.foodhaccp.com/ and they have had a lot of outbreaks recently related to tomatoes and other produce. You can get them to send you an email every time there's a news update (they're also useful from a resource point of view and they're free.) I wouldn't use them as your only source though.

I'd also use any government source from portugal. In the UK we have the food standards agency and again you can set it up so alerts are sent to you from that website. I just have it as my homepage though so I always see what's going on.

I hope that's helpful. Remember it's not just being up to date but also proving it to an auditor.

By the way, can I ask a favour? I'm going to Lisbon soon, do you have any top hotel or food tips? If so can you PM me?

Thanks mate!

filipa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hello GMO,

many thanks for your reply. Now, I understand this point. :thumbup:

We have a file with all the update legislation regarding the tomato Industry.
So, I think that in the "management review", we can add a point where we analysed it (for example: the pesticides legislation change, so we need to update the "list of pesticides autorized")...

Regarding your visit to Lisbon: it is your 1st time in Portugal???

Our Clients/auditors when come here, stay in "TIVOLI Tejo" hoteL. It is in Lisbon, near to aeroport, and in front of the site where was the "EXPO 98". You have all the transports (underground, taxis, bus, train...). And it is beatiful... You stay near to the river (TEJO), and you have a big area to walk allong the river, many restaurants, bars, shopping, etc....

Filipa

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

Thanks Filipa, yes it will be my first time in Portugal.

I think all of that has to be the basis for your management review but I'd also work through all the changes. In the BRC standard, there is a list of things you should cover in the management review, I just lift that out and use it as an agenda!

Thanks for the help

GMO

filipa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Many thanks, GMO...

Yes, I have puted all the points in agenda, less the point that I didn't understand..

I will complete with it...

Filipa

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users