Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:24 AM

Focusing to market demands, now I need to upgrade my food industry ISO 22000 to FSSC 22000. For that I am interested to find PAS 220 standard template to help to write my quality manual. I had successfully written ISO 2200:2005 Manual last year and ISO 9001 in a decade ago.

Can any one help or advice me where I can got PAS 220 manual template to aid my write up to cut down unnecessary efforts? The reason for this is, unless required, again pay for whole FSSC 22000 Standard Manual Template looks not justifiable.

I already have the "generic PAS 220 requirements" for food industries from BSI. Any other advice and supports are also most welcome. Many thanks.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Dear leansixsigma,

I don't quite understand yr post.

Do you not simply have to lay out the items in the generic PAS220 (which you hv already?) in terms of your system, (whatever that is ?? :smile: )

If you mean, would like to see other people's examples, maybe it helps them to describe yr system.

BTW Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Focusing to market demands, now I need to upgrade my food industry ISO 22000 to FSSC 22000. For that I am interested to find PAS 220 standard template to help to write my quality manual. I had successfully written ISO 2200:2005 Manual last year and ISO 9001 in a decade ago.

Can any one help or advice me where I can got PAS 220 manual template to aid my write up to cut down unnecessary efforts? The reason for this is, unless required, again pay for whole FSSC 22000 Standard Manual Template looks not justifiable.

I already have the "generic PAS 220 requirements" for food industries from BSI. Any other advice and supports are also most welcome. Many thanks.

I am not sure you need a template. If you already have ISO 22000 then chances are you already have most of what you need. You need to compare the PAS 220 PRP requirements to the PRP's you created for ISO 22000 and add/adjust as needed to meet the new detail.

When I upgraded from ISO 22000 to PAS I think I revised 3-4 existing PRP's to meet PAS 220.

LeanSixSigma

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

" When I upgraded from ISO 22000 to PAS I think I revised 3-4 existing PRP's to meet PAS 220"

Yes Exactly I also need to follow same, however I am wondering to see some example to validate or verify what I am doing will right. Thank you very much for your advise and I am looking for few advice as well if possible.

LeanSixSigma

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Charles C.

Thank you verymuch for prompt reply as usual.

"Do you not simply have to lay out the items in the generic PAS220 (which you hv already?) in terms of your system, (whatever that is ?? :smile: "

I have the PAS 220 requirements from BSI. It helped me to understand what additional PRPs or OPRPs is required. To be very honest, what I realized is my ISO 22000 manual that I wrote has addressed all of those. I may not be right, but I feel that.

"If you mean, would like to see other people's examples, maybe it helps them to describe yr system."

I believe it is what I am looking for. Same time, probably those example will help to verify my analysis. Because, ultimately I need to update or rewrite my quality manuals again for certification. Isnot it?

Toronto, Canada

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Dear leansixsigma,

"If you mean, would like to see other people's examples, maybe it helps them to describe yr system."

Sorry, perhaps i wasn't very clear. I was suggesting you describe your system to prompt other people to respond.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

" When I upgraded from ISO 22000 to PAS I think I revised 3-4 existing PRP's to meet PAS 220"

Yes Exactly I also need to follow same, however I am wondering to see some example to validate or verify what I am doing will right. Thank you very much for your advise and I am looking for few advice as well if possible.

The best I can tell you is go through the BSI PAS 220 and ask yourself if you have the elements in your PRPs. If not, see where they fit into your existing system.

I can't give examples becasue everyone's system is different. I can say that the pieces I missed were 7.3 Waste Management and Removal - the last paragraph requires a process or records showing how you "protect" scrap packaging from being picked up and used by other people and 4.2 Environment - the auditor wanted a regular (annual) check/review of neighboring properties for potential hazards to our product.

I think there was a thread in the forum detail con non conformances for FSSC 22000. You might want to find it for a few more ideas.

Thanked by 1 Member:

LeanSixSigma

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

tsmith

Many thanks for your vision and advice. I have to follow this for the GAP analysis and meet the GAP existed if there will any.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users