• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:31 PM

Goodday Saferpakers,

In the BRC IoP standard issue 2, two new subjects are mentioned under paragraph 3.1.1. Product integrity and legality. I would interpret these as follows:
Product integrity: critical quality defects that can compromise food safety, it is the product you promised to the customer
Product legality: the product complies with European and local legislation

Is this an acceptable point of view or am I totally wrong? :uhm:

Okido,

Remember to share good fortune with your friends.

Gaskit

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 106 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Jamaica
    Jamaica

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:00 PM

Goodday Saferpakers,

In the BRC IoP standard issue 2, two new subjects are mentioned under paragraph 3.1.1. Product integrity and legality. I would interpret these as follows:
Product integrity: critical quality defects that can compromise food safety, it is the product you promised to the customer
Product legality: the product complies with European and local legislation

Is this an acceptable point of view or am I totally wrong? :uhm:

Okido,

Remember to share good fortune with your friends.

Dear Okido,

Having just passed the BRC / IoP inspection recently, I led the auditor along the same views as you say, however I would also consider non conformance to agreed specification from your supplier in respect to Product Integrity (in-coming goods checks should be able to verify this).

On the Product Legality issue, do you distribute perhaps in small quantities other packaging materials purchased from another supplier in bulk? and have they a trade mark that perhaps requires to be passed along with the small quantities shipped to your customer, if so this will have to be verified (dispach records may be a good way of recording this if it happens).

Good luck and best regards,

Steve

I know God will not give me anything I cann't handle, I just wish that he didn't trust me so much.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users