Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Can anyone tell me what does the term "Normative References" in ISO 22000 means? Please give an example. What should be the content of a normative references section? I’m not sure if it’s fundamentals/vocabulary because we have another section called "terms and definition" also.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Dear MOM,

Basically, the answer to yr question is already given in the standard's text.

Normative reference deals with reference materials that can be used to determine definitions associated with terms and vocabulary used in the ISO standard document (Pillay and Muliyil, 2005).
Standards are encouraged to investigate the possibility of applying the most recent edition of the normative document (added by Ch.C - this is a suggestion to be applied to the 22000 current text which, presumably, strictly applies as written). For undated references, the latest edition of the normative document referred to applies.
(HACCP and ISO 22000: Application to Foods of Animal Origin, By Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis )

(Also see attachment below, pg 6, top)
Attached File  sgs white_paper_iso_22000_21.pdf   790.56KB   84 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Dear MOM,

Basically, the answer to yr question is already given in the standard's text.

Normative reference deals with reference materials that can be used to determine definitions associated with terms and vocabulary used in the ISO standard document (Pillay and Muliyil, 2005).
Standards are encouraged to investigate the possibility of applying the most recent edition of the normative document (added by Ch.C - this is a suggestion to be applied to the 22000 current text which, presumably, strictly applies as written). For undated references, the latest edition of the normative document referred to applies.
(HACCP and ISO 22000: Application to Foods of Animal Origin, By Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis )

(Also see attachment below, pg 6, top)
Attached File  sgs white_paper_iso_22000_21.pdf   790.56KB   84 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Thanks Charles C. Yes, I saw the statement of the "normative reference" from the standard. Am I allowed to copy it, or need to reword it? I think I need to rephrase it because it’s a copyrighted materials.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Dear MOM,

I guess you could use wording similar to that quoted in my previous post if you are worried (this is already a rephrasing of the original text, maybe for the same reason :smile: .) Or change "deals with" to "applies to" if you want a suggestion. The usual trick IMEX is to slightly re-arrange one chunk then virtually copy the rest of the section :biggrin:
Must say I hv never had an auditorial query on this aspect for other standards (don't use 22000 myself). I guess most auditors are too bored with seeing repeated repetitions of similar text to care, as long as the required Standard's content is (sort of)covered. They are probably more concerned with the stuff coming next. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users