Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

HACCP plans were created for 10 products only per former consultant advice due to technical reason, as they said, which I don't understand. The company has more than 10 products. Is it okay to claim that the company has been certified/registered to HACCP? They did not explicitly state that all our products have been certified but they claim that they are HACCP certified. By claiming that, as if all there products are certified --marketing advantage.. What’s your thought on this?

In the context of ISO 22000, is it okay to create (documented) HACCP plans for selected products only, or all products must be controlled? Is it possible to seek certification for selected products only? What is the guideline for using ISO name?

Edited by mind over matter, 14 February 2011 - 08:56 PM.

JPO

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

http://www.iso.org/i...zing2005-en.pdf

Link should help with the ISO standard questions.

Can you have a Process based HACCP rather than a specific product based HACCP?? You can have a plan for different processes in the same plant. In a salad dressing/dips facility, we had different HACCP plans, CP's and CCP's for different processes and product flows.

Our HACCP plan is process based as we produce many, many different products, but they all go through exactly the same steps in the manufacturing, conveying, packaging, and inspection process.

I'm pretty darn sure that if you're ISO certified, they want a HACCP plan for ALL products/processes, not just a select few.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users