Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

I am a Quality Assurance Manager, currently working in Food Services in the Middle East. However having been here for 4 years now, i realise that should i want to return to the UK to work at any time then i will be needing to have already completed my Lead Auditor Certifications, since a year ago when i did think i may have had to go back, all the job vacancies requested the Lead Auditor training (presumably so they would have had to pay for the training)

So my question is, is it more useful to do the IS0 9000 training or the ISO 22000 training ?

Many thanks for you time, and be gentle, this is my first topic post....:rolleyes:

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

IMO - If you are planning on staying in the food industry than ISO 22000 would probably be best. You will learn a lot of the same things you would in ISO 9001 but you would be prepared for the food safety side of things.

If you are looking at a more general employment in any industry than ISO 9001 has a broader application.

Either way good luck in your training and job search!

fruitbat

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for your reply, i am not currently looking for a new job, i just want to be prepared just in case......one never knows what is round the corner and its best to be prepared.

Raj21

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hello Fruit Bat,

As you are in the food related sector,my definite recommendation would be to go for ISO22000 LA course.

Regards,
Rajesh Naik

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hi Fruitbat,

As Rajesh Naik mentioned that if you going to be handling food I would recommend you to go for ISO 22000 but if you are going to apply your knowledge to say chemical or petrochemical industries as an example then ISO 9000 would be better as these industries do not need to know about food safety. At the end of the day you need to decide which industry you want to be working for in the next 5- 10 years and work around that plan.

Cheers

Ajay Shah

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users