Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi, I am new comer in this forum. Would you help me to give some example : combination of control measure (clause 8.2 point b)

Thanks so much.

Regards,

kedwards

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Dear kedwards,

Basically, I think the intended meaning was that you must validate (a) each control measure (CM) as proposed to be associated with a designated OPRP/CCP and additionally (b) the overall effect in respect to providing assurance of obtaining products with (the 7.4.3) defined acceptable levels.
The possibilities may depend on yr particular process. For example, one “hazard” is usually associated with one CM but not always,eg a cooking CM might handle a significant risk from vegetative pathogens but another CM might be required to prevent subsequent contamination by spore-formers. Synergistic situations offer another more complicated combination. A series-linked systems of filters is another control scenario which has been discussed here previously (with a predictably wide variety of opinions :smile: ).

I agree that the text of ISO 22000 is rather “circular”. I suggest you read section 8.2 of ISO 22004 which provides a considerably expanded, helpful, and more intelligible fusion of (a) and (b). AFAIK, this is theoretically the official interpretation of section 8.2.

Other users here may hv other opinions ?

Rgds / Charles.C

PS Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kedwards

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

Dear Charles,

Thank you very much for your answer, that was very helpful for me.
I hope from this forum we get an important things to improve our mindset about food safety system.

Regards,
kedwards

mewwha

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Dear Kedwards,
A combination of control measure for a hazard, for example my hazard is metal, so I can have control measure of a sifter with a certain mesh size, during pre weighing of ingredients, then during packing , I have my metal detector calibrated to alarm when any metal piece equal or bigger pass by. These two control measures assure me that I won't get metal in my finished product.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users