• Quick Navigation
Photo

Can a Medical Device Mfg Quality Manager Switch to Food Safety?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Todd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

New here and have a question: Do you think it is possible to get a job in the Food Industry in Quality & Regulatory Affairs when all my years of experience are in the Medical Device industry?

thanks,
ToddO

Jan van der Kuil

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

I just started at a food compagny, having no experience in that sector. I have worked in the medical device and pharmaceutical industry and in clinical and laboratory research. As long as you have an open mind for the specific requirements per industry. The quality principles and techniques are simmilar, only the level at which you apply them depends on the risk profile of the business. Surely you have to learn the technical specifics, but that just makes a switch interesting. In my experience a switch just boosts your awareness of the quality principles, what is their purpose and how can it be applied in different industries. It made me very open-minded, whch I experience as a benificial competence to a QA manager.

Good luck and succes,

Jan

Antores

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 63 thanks
Good

• Colombia
    Colombia
  • Interests:Photograpy

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

I would say principles are the same, at least in USA. Youare already used to GPM's, SOP's, Risk Analysis, RCA, Product Specifications,Document Control.....etc, You just will have to learn the specifics, but Iwould say it is possible.... Not sure why would you do that though? In USA, thereare lot more jobs for that kind of abilities in the medical industry that food industry.

cesspadilla

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

New here and have a question: Do you think it is possible to get a job in the Food Industry in Quality & Regulatory Affairs when all my years of experience are in the Medical Device industry?

thanks,
ToddO

I say "Why not?" Like Antores said, the principles are just the same and besides if you have problems getting the basics the ifsqn forums is here to help. Plus, there are a lot of online courses offered that you can get you should invest on it if you like.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users