Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

We recently received our audit agenda for our BRC certification audit in two weeks. The agenda says that the auditor will want to see documented hand wash checks. Does anyone have a sample policy/procedure and/or checklist that I could use as a sample for writing mine?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

We recently received our audit agenda for our BRC certification audit in two weeks. The agenda says that the auditor will want to see documented hand wash checks. Does anyone have a sample policy/procedure and/or checklist that I could use as a sample for writing mine?

Dear jaredkkrischel,

This is in the standard ?

I suggest you include a line in yr (hopefully) routine daily sanitation surveillance report, eg something like - column1 - Handwashing Procedure carried out satisfactorily, column2 Yes / No.
(Of course this demands that you possess a handwashing procedure, there are several on this forum, try searching for Tesco maybe :smile: .)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bill78

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 30 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, Family, Golf and all things BBQ

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Dear jaredkkrischel,
I have a used a seperate form for the past couple of years that lists the date, time of observation and the names of the different workers I observed washing their hands. I have a corrective action portion of the form where I record any actions I needed to take if a person did not use proper procedures. I do this twice a month at random times and random handsinks. All auditors have approved this method. Keep it simple. Good Luck!

Bill

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

IMO, the best way of having documented proper hand wash checks is maintaining records of random hand swab tests. In our factory, the results of such tests are displayed on notice boards. This create a moral pressure on careless or ignorant personnel. You can find sample policy and procedure though internet searching. There is a lot of free stuff there. I personally do not recommend a checklist for recording observations that whether or not workers are washing their hands. This is ridicules because just observing that worker has washed his/her hand does not ensure that he/she has washed his/her hand PROPERLY - which is obviously the ultimate objective of hand-washing.

Regards:
M.Zeeshan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

Your suggestion may well be illegal in some countries.?

Victimisation. :rolleyes:

I presume you hv ATP equipment otherwise monitoring sort of becomes verification ?.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users