• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hello.

I'm trying to finish off an assignment on package redesign and I wondered if anyone could help me, please? :helpplease:

I'm discussing reasons for relaunching a product by new pack design and I want to finish off with one last area.

I'm looking for an example of a product that has been relaunched in new, improved packaging technology, rather than a new design on the old pack. I already have examples of products such as golden syrup that are now available in e.g. squeezy bottles in addition to the traditional tin, but I'm looking for something that has been completely repackaged and the former option no longer exists.

Hope this makes sense and many thanks in advance.

Pops

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hello.

I'm trying to finish off an assignment on package redesign and I wondered if anyone could help me, please? :helpplease:

I'm discussing reasons for relaunching a product by new pack design and I want to finish off with one last area.

I'm looking for an example of a product that has been relaunched in new, improved packaging technology, rather than a new design on the old pack. I already have examples of products such as golden syrup that are now available in e.g. squeezy bottles in addition to the traditional tin, but I'm looking for something that has been completely repackaged and the former option no longer exists.

Hope this makes sense and many thanks in advance.

Pops

Dear Poppy,

Intriguing assignment (your course seems to be of considerable longevity :smile: ). Out of curiosity, when do you have to give it in by ?? :unsure:

Can it be disasters as well as improvements ? I'm thinking of the plastic ketchup bottle by Messrs 57. :smarty:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

poppysnoss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Dear Poppy,

Intriguing assignment (your course seems to be of considerable longevity :smile: ). Out of curiosity, when do you have to give it in by ?? :unsure:

Can it be disasters as well as improvements ? I'm thinking of the plastic ketchup bottle by Messrs 57. :smarty:

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles.

I have been studying my course since April 2008. It's a distance learning MSc, which on top of working and raising my family, is not something I can finish in five minutes...

Am getting there with it now, two units to finish, then research project at the end.

This assignment needs to be in by the end of October and I'm almost finished. I was looking for improvements if possible. I have already covered one distaster, which was the tropicana repackaging mishap. I'm looking for a relaunch based on innovative packaging rather than just a new pattern etc.

Pops

poppysnoss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Done and dusted... :smile:

Share this