• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Russia
    Russia

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Dear colleagues,

Please help. What difference in HACCP plans for hight / low hygiene risk category? When company produce packaging for machine oil, what kind of hazard do it must to analyse? Only physical and chemical hazards. (because only these points can be risk for human health). Am I right?

Thanks in advanse

P.S. may be my English is not well, sorry

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Dear colleagues,

Please help. What difference in HACCP plans for hight / low hygiene risk category? When company produce packaging for machine oil, what kind of hazard do it must to analyse? Only physical and chemical hazards. (because only these points can be risk for human health). Am I right?

Thanks in advanse

P.S. may be my English is not well, sorry

Dear kapitoshka,

Yr English is OK :thumbup:

Packaging not my speciality but I'll start the discussion. :smile:

Regarding your 1st query, it depends what you mean by "hygiene" ? Basic hygiene features in most haccp plans are typically controlled by prerequisite (sanitation) measures, eg GMP / GHP / SOPs / SSOPs.

If you mean a high risk product/process compared to low, the former is presumably likely to have more "significant" hazards which will then be associated with CCPs.

Maybe you can give an example of the actual process(es) you are referring to ?

For yr second query, what kind of packaging are you referring ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Good Afternoon Kapitoshka,

You have asked a big question.

There are many posts on here about packaging hazard analysis which may give you some guidance.

Your question suggests that you produce containers for products including machine oil, you may also produce food packaging as well.

Without more information, I can't be too specific, but here are some general points to maybe help you start.

My first piece of advice is not to use the term "HACCP". To use HACCP will lead you into a narrow interpretation of the product safety hazard analysis which is what you really need.

Think instead of what hazards could affect the way that your products are used by your customers and their customers.

These could be chemical and physical. As you suggest microbiological hazards for a low hygiene risk are essentially zero. These 3 hazard types are what you will identify in a traditional HACCP study.

However, for packaging there are additional hazards relating to how your products perform. These can be grouped as "Functionality" and "Legality" hazards.

Again without more knowledge of your products, I cannot give precise examples, but they could be container seal integrity, strength, correct print etc

Are you working towards certification to a Standard such as BRC/IoP

kapitoshka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Russia
    Russia

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Good evening,

the first time my sorry for late answer and thanks for Your comments.

The second point about products. I worked in packaging plant and we produce packaging for food goods. And our plant have BRC/IoP certificate.
This was a strategic goal of the plant to supply products not only for food. (in separate area).

and for me it's a big question how to analyse hazard in this packaging category. Because I can't understand good what can be hazard for consumer. I know, that must to consider all phisical and chemical risk in production process, like a glass or other contamination. But it's a too fine line between quality parametrs and hazard.

may be it's wrong compare, but can hazard analyse in nonfood goods be like a PRP?

Many thanks advance

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

It may help if you explain what type of packaging and what types of products they are intended for.

kapitoshka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Russia
    Russia

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

It's PET preform. In general this product will be used for packing machine oil and cleaning agents

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users