• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

All,

Why in the world, would FMI change the numbering on edition 7's code !?!

Now references used world wide for close to a decade are irrelevant. Needless to say if someone is talking about section 6.5 i say, "Oh sure Management of Pests and Vermin" and they say, "No, Water Management!'"

Just seems like a bad move... And i took part in the suggesting of changes in the new edition but this was a blindside.

I guess i'll get formatting.

John--

Edited by John Antecki, 22 February 2012 - 05:06 AM.

stsqf

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

John,

I completely agree with you on this one! I brought this up to our SQF Auditor a few weeks ago and he agreed how frustrating this was going to be for them as well since they use these numbers day in and day out and now completely have to start re-training their brains on the re-numbering of the code. But he recommended to make a cross-reference key/map that would connect the SQF Code #s to our current numbering system with version 6 of the code rather than re-formatting everything to match Version 7. I may just have to set my perfectionism aside here on this one and take his advice - we never know what the next version of the code will bring!

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

There have been some minor but frustrating changes to BRC 6 in exactly the same way. I've done as suggested and kept my existing FSQM but going forward after my audit, I'm going to take everything out of the manual and make them into procedures which are then referenced in the manual but not contained within. Then you don't have renumbering headaches. Not sure I can muster up the energy though.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users