Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Now that BRC v6 is in full swing, what retention value do the BRC v5 Standard & Guide books themselves have?

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Standard: none
Guidance documents: As long as there is no new issue of the guidance document, the current one is still applicable.

As fas as I understood it.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

infoiqc

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 80 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Standard: none
Guidance documents: As long as there is no new issue of the guidance document, the current one is still applicable.

As fas as I understood it.

For the standard, the only thing I could think of is if a company that has a valid v.5 certificate and wishes to expand their scope, the scope extension can still be against v.5

Gail

saguym

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel
  • Interests:Fountain Pens, Music, Traveling

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Now that BRC v6 is in full swing, what retention value do the BRC v5 Standard & Guide books themselves have?

As regard to Guide books I completely agree with Madam A. D-tor, that until a new guide is available the the current one is still applicable.

The stanard itself is of course obsolate being comletely replaced by Ver 6.

The cerification to V5 is valid until the enfd of last day mentioned in the certificate.

Gail ,I do not think an organization can extend its scope to BRC based on a standard that is not valid anymore (V5) , as a new certificate should be issued (See Apendix 8 of V6) and certification bodies canot issue now v5 certificates anymore.

saguym.

infoiqc

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 80 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

As regard to Guide books I completely agree with Madam A. D-tor, that until a new guide is available the the current one is still applicable.

The stanard itself is of course obsolate being comletely replaced by Ver 6.

The cerification to V5 is valid until the enfd of last day mentioned in the certificate.

Gail ,I do not think an organization can extend its scope to BRC based on a standard that is not valid anymore (V5) , as a new certificate should be issued (See Apendix 8 of V6) and certification bodies canot issue now v5 certificates anymore.

saguym.

The FAQ for v.6 specifically mentions that a company can have a scope extension to their v.5 certificate.
http://www.brcglobal...2 11 1 12.docx

Gail

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users