• Quick Navigation
Photo

7.2 Personal hygiene - applies to warehouse?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

D-D

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 239 posts
  • 55 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Quick question regarding this clause: does the jewellery policy include the warehouse (is this the "storage area" in the clause subtitle)? Bearing in mind our products are all in sealed containers (drums etc), do the warehouse guys need to follow the same rules as production? Seems a little pointless for low risk products in sealed containers that we lose control over as soon as they are loaded on a truck but if needed; we will implement it. Thanks.

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Good question, I feel that I have the same issue. Our shipping personnel (a couple anyways) seem to have earrings on in the cafeteria. But our guys work in cold storage so are therefore wearing touques and balaclavas so said jewellery is not visible during an inspection. Do I confront them during a break and get a reply that they put them in as they went to coffee?

wijit

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Good afternoon chaps. In my experience it is generally best to have a blanket procedure on jewellery, as it is not unreasonable to assume that warehouse or any other personel not generally within a production area, could have access to such areas.
Unless you can abslutely guarantee they do not, and could not go into areas where jewellery is not allowed to be worn then this, I would suggest, is a wise thing to implement.

Edited by wijit, 23 March 2012 - 09:33 AM.

Cravin' Cajun?

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 30 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, HACCP, BRC, Spices

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I agree with Wijit's comment above...better to have a blanket jewelry policy than run the risk of a warehouse employee entering another area where jewelry is not permitted and it being noticed by an auditor or, worse, losing that jewelry at some point and having to issue a recall.

Just my opinion, but has worked well so far in our facility (sugar refinery).

Frank88maurice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, Food Quality, Research & Development & Improvement. Guitars, Amplifiers.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Agree with comments above, we do not allow our shipping dep to wear anything above the waist such as earrings etc. as they sometime have to go into production areas where the risk is a lot higher......

Franklin

Quality Operations/Compliance Manager.

Lucky Country USA, LLC

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users