Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I joined the forum this morning and found some of the discussions really interesting and helpful!

We are an Fruit Export company in South Africa, we obtained our IFS Broker certificate in December 2011. In South Africa nobody is qualified to do audits and thus no training for IFS Broker is available. I don't see anything really on the website about this as well. Is there any people that is familiar with this standard?

We are trying our best to comply with this standard, and are just still a bit confused with some of the requirements. The standard requires that we do suppliers audits, how regular shall this be done, and should all suppliers be audited ( seeing that some of the suppliers is more than 1 000km away form us). Should you go into detail when doing an audit and what checklist shall be used for this?

Later on they also talk about suppliers assessments shall be reviewed regularly. Does this include the audits or what does suppliers assessments entail?

I know its allot of question, but if someone has knowledge of IFS Broker please share your thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Lieze

ggansner

Associate

• IFSQN Associate
  • 8 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Dear Lieze,

Please contact the IFS office in Paris for more information regarding your needs. Our technical director, Stephanie Lemaitre, is located in the Paris office and I've included the numbers below. We're more than happy to help you understand our expectations of the standard and the intent behind the requirements.

IFS Office ParisFCD

12, rue Euler

F-75008 Paris

Phone: +33 (0)1 44 43 99 16

Fax: +33 (0)1 47 20 53 53

Email: ifs-paris@ifs-certification.com

Regards,

George Gansner
IFS Management
Director, Marketing & Business Development
Manager, Americas

I joined the forum this morning and found some of the discussions really interesting and helpful!

We are an Fruit Export company in South Africa, we obtained our IFS Broker certificate in December 2011. In South Africa nobody is qualified to do audits and thus no training for IFS Broker is available. I don't see anything really on the website about this as well. Is there any people that is familiar with this standard?

We are trying our best to comply with this standard, and are just still a bit confused with some of the requirements. The standard requires that we do suppliers audits, how regular shall this be done, and should all suppliers be audited ( seeing that some of the suppliers is more than 1 000km away form us). Should you go into detail when doing an audit and what checklist shall be used for this?

Later on they also talk about suppliers assessments shall be reviewed regularly. Does this include the audits or what does suppliers assessments entail?

I know its allot of question, but if someone has knowledge of IFS Broker please share your thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Lieze

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users