Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hello, We had out desk audit for our initial certification audit nov 10& 11th 2011 and our facility audit Dec 29 & 30th 2011.I am hoping to schedule our audit earlier so that it doesn't interfere with holiday vacations and production schedules but does that mean i can only schedule it 30 days before the desk audit date or the facility audit audit. I suspect its the last day of the initial facility certification audit date which would mean i need to have it between Nov 29th 2012-Jan 28th 2013 . Although our certificate clearly says that it expires December 30th 2012. this is why i started questioning things

stsqf

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

From experience, I highly recommend that you schedule it prior to your expiration date. Even though it states in the code that you have the window of 30 days after, your certificate expiration date counteracts that and as soon as your certificate expires you will no longer be listed in the online list of SQF Certified companies and customers will begin asking for your new certificate and you won't have a renewed certificate to supply them.

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hello, We had out desk audit for our initial certification audit nov 10& 11th 2011 and our facility audit Dec 29 & 30th 2011.I am hoping to schedule our audit earlier so that it doesn't interfere with holiday vacations and production schedules but does that mean i can only schedule it 30 days before the desk audit date or the facility audit audit. I suspect its the last day of the initial facility certification audit date which would mean i need to have it between Nov 29th 2012-Jan 28th 2013 . Although our certificate clearly says that it expires December 30th 2012. this is why i started questioning things

My understanding is that you're eligible for re-certification +/- 30 days of the anniversary of certification. You can see the date you CB awarded your company certification on your certificate (Date of Issue). My guess is that you received certification at least a few weeks after your actual facility audit (getting any non-conformance action plans approved, CB paperwork, etc.). It took us 29 days from the last day of the facility audit to certificate date of issue, and that was with only 3 minor NC's. From what Ive been told by collegues this time line is fairly standard.

kwon234ioud

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

"The re-certification audit shall be conducted within thirty (30) calendar days either side of the anniversary of the
last day of the initial certification audit." 

The Certificate expires 45 days after the audit date which is probably added leeway for the processing time. 

oromaniv

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hi folks,

so, if our SQF Certification expires March 26 then I can schedule re-certification audit from beginning of March to the end of April, right?

If I want to keep the same certification body for re-certification, do I have to contact them to schedule the uadit or they will contact me?

Thanks,

Ostap

oromaniv

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Also, I have a questions about Approved Supplier Program.

We are SQF level 2 certified. I request Letter of Guarantee, Insurance of Liability and third party Food Safety Audit from each raw material suuplier. What documentation shoud I request from supplier of lab coats, gloves, hairnets, etc?

Thanks,

Ostap

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users