• Quick Navigation
Photo

What if Food Safety Team doesn't identify any oPRPs?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

DP2006

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

My understanding is that ISO22000 introduced the concept of Operational Pre-Requisite Programme as another version of a control point, in addtion to Control Point, PRP and CCP.

I have seen that some practioners believe that the addition of oPRPs makes the distinction between CCPs and PRPs less clear.

Just a thought that occured to me ..... with respect to document review and utimately formal assessment by an external, independent accreditation body, what happens if the Food Safety Team does not designate any control points as oPRPs as defined by ISO2000?

Although a lack of oPRPs might not increase the risk of food safety failure, would a lack of oPRPs in the food safety system meant that they would "fail" ie not achieve accreditation to ISO2000 standard?

Anyone any thoughts or even their own experience of this?

Thanks!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Dear DP,

Just a thought that occured to me ..... with respect to document review and utimately formal assessment by an external, independent accreditation body, what happens if the Food Safety Team does not designate any control points as oPRPs as defined by ISO2000?

One interpretation of ISO 22004 is that it (quietly) shifted the (unintended?) importance/wasted time of naming/categorising a control measure for a significant hazard onto the aspect of validating its capability of effectiveness.
As defined/implied in the 2 standards, the possible range of the ratio of Oprps to CCPs is zero-infinity.

So the answer IMO is that nothing should happen. Of course auditors may disagree with yr methodology for reaching such a result. :smile:

Operationally speaking, the product/process are likely to have some auditorial relevance also.

How about zero CCPs and OPRPs ? ;)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users