• Quick Navigation
Photo

Internal Auditor Training Requirements BRC Version 6?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Antyibea

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Hungary
    Hungary

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hello!

Please desribe me, who have internal auditor for BRC 6 . Have experience or traning or others??

Thanks,

A. Bea

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Helping and mentoring others to achieve their food safety and HACCP compliance outcomes.

BRC Consultant

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hi Antyibea

Not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know the requirements for BRC internal auditors or what training internal auditors should have?

Hope to be able to answer your question.

Amanda

Click here to get The Ultimate Guide to HACCP Certification

Read our article on How to be a Successful HACCP Team Leader

Update your HACCP knowledge with our accredited Codex HACCP 2020 Update Online Training

HACCP Mentor is a global food safety compliance and education platform that makes food safety, quality and HACCP compliance easy.

Find us at www.haccpmentor.com

Antyibea

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Hungary
    Hungary

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Thanks Amanda!

I would like to know the requirements for BRC internal auditors.

Antyibea

Hi Antyibea

Not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know the requirements for BRC internal auditors or what training internal auditors should have?

Hope to be able to answer your question.

Amanda

Mick3911

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

BRC V6 states that ' Internalaudits shall be carried out by appropriately trained competent auditors, whoare independent from the audited department.'

Here is a link for distance learning My link

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

Ok, the ideal, IMO is that the auditor will have been trained externally using a face to face training method where they get to try out their skills. If that's not possible, then I would suggest that the internal auditors need to have been trained by a trainer who is competent, i.e. not only externally trained by a competent authority, e.g. Campden BRI but has experience. Then I would expect the new auditors to be mentored for a while doing accompanied audits until showing competence.

ajrfrank

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• El Salvador
    El Salvador

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Is a trained internal auditor allowed to train a new member of the audit team? Does this have to be external training? What about HACCP Training? Can this be provided by Internal Leader Auditor or by the HACCP Leader?

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Below, I have extracted the requirements for internal auditors under the main GFSI standards and Tesco for good measure.

BRC

3.4.2 Internal audits shall be carried out by appropriately trained competent auditors, who are independent from the audited department

IFS Standard

5.1.3 The auditors shall be competent and independent from the audited department.

ISO 22000

The organization shall

a) identify the necessary competencies for personnel whose activities have an impact on food safety,

b) provide training or take other action to ensure personnel have thenecessary competencies,

c) ensure that personnel responsible for monitoring, corrections and corrective actions of the food safety management system are trained,

SQF

2.5.7.2 Staff conducting internal audits shall be trained in internal audit procedures.

Tesco Standard

Audits must be conducted by trained auditors with experienceof the processes or area being assessed.

Auditors should be independent of the area being audited,but have good knowledge of the processes and area.

As you can see for the BRC they must be 'appropriately trained'. What this means exactly is unclear from the standard but training is required. For IFS must simply be competent. ISO say they must be competent and states they must be trained. Tesco require the auditor to be trained but also have experience of the area being assessed.

So the standards do not answer your question directly. It could be agrued that the internal auditor if trained as a lead assessor coupled with proper 'Train the Trainer' qualifications could train internal auditors.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users